The Airport Express Line of the Delhi Metro which is already having QR code based ticketing facility for single journeys through Smart Phones is extending the same facility for trip based journeys too, for its passengers from 24th February 2020 (Monday).
With the introduction of this facility, commuters, especially the regular ones who use Trip Passes (a type of smart card valid on Airport Line only) for travelling on Airport Express Line will be able to use the QR Code generated on their smart phones instead of usual practice of purchasing or recharging their Trip Passes from Metro stations. The move will do away the need for a passenger desirous of availing this QR code facility to have a physical Trip Pass separately and subsequent queuing up at stations to recharge them from time to time.
This system of trip based ticketing through QR code using smart phones will enable passengers to purchase trip based tickets using ‘Ridlr or PayTm App’- the agencies which have tied up with DMRC for this facility, without physically coming to the Metro station. The process to generate QR Code for trip based journey tickets is as given below:
- Download either the Ridlr or PayTm application from Playstore (available on both android & IOS platforms) and register into the App with your valid credentials including mobile no. and email- id.
- Proceed to buy a QR code based trip ticket by selecting the origin station and destination station.
- Select no. of Trips (10 trips-15 day validity, 30Trips or 45 trips- both with 30 day validity) App will display the fare for the selected number of trips for selected journey stations.
- Pay the fare using internet banking/credit/debit card/UPI/eWallet. User will receive a notification.
- App will display the QR code for the journey trips. User can tap the QR enabled AFC entry gates of the Metro stations on Airport Line. The AFC gate will open and user can commence journey
- At the exit, user needs to tap the QR Code again at the exit AFC gate. The gates will open and the journey will conclude with the deduction of one trip from the QR code ticket.
- All six Metro stations of Airport Express Line have been provided with a set of two AFC gates each for entry and exit through QR enabled system
At present, Airport Line is patronised by over 60,000 passengers daily of which around 65% use Trip Passes for their travel, which offer discount up to 40% for every journey performed on this line in comparison to single journey tokens/QR tickets.
The same discount will continue to remain available on QR code enabled Trip based tickets.
- QR Code based Trip Pass will be valid for journey from “Origin” station to “Destination” station only.
- Trip Pass will be marked expired or consumed basis whether the validity of the Pass gets expired first or the number of allowed trips is consumed.
- A customer from 1 Paytm or Ridlr Account can purchase or hold only 1 Trip Pass at any given point of time
- Customer holding an active Trip Pass can purchase a new Trip Pass only after the active Trip Pass is consumed, expired or cancelled.
- No refund is allowed by DMRC in case of Trip Pass cancellation.
- In case of overtime or over-travel/change of destination, the customer needs to generate a Penalty ticket after paying the applicable penalty fee.
- In case of change of destination, Penalty fee will include difference of fare between the stations and surcharge (if applicable)