In order to ensure the availability of competent and skilled manpower in the field of Railway Signalling, RailTel Corporation of India Ltd., a Miniratna PSU under the Ministry of Railways, has set up a Centre of Excellence. Shri Sanjai Kumar, CMD/RailTel, inaugurated the centre in the presence of Director/Fin, Director/POM, Director/NPMand other senior RailTel officials.
Centre of Excellence:
- The CoE will offer a range of certification and diploma courses in collaboration with esteemed institutions such as IITs and IIMs.
- These courses will cover fundamental concepts of Kavach, advanced designing of KAVACH’s Station RFID network, Onboard equipment, and Cyber Security.
- Additionally, the CoE will serve as the assessment agency for the globally recognized competency certification of IRSE License, catering to both seasoned railway professionals and young engineers.
- This includes workplace assessments and competency assessments for the IRSE licence.
- The CoE will also play a pivotal role in Research and Development within the realm of Railway Signalling and Telecommunications, partnering with leading institutions in India and abroad.
- The resource partner for the CoE is Rail Edutech Private Limited, an AICTE-approved entity for providing comprehensive railway training.
Talking about the Centre, Shri Sanjai Kumar, CMD/RailTel, said, ‘Safety is paramount in train operations. Railway signalling is at the forefront of ensuring safe train operations. With the digital transformation of Indian Railways, modern Train Control and Command Signalling and Telecom systems will be adopted across Indian railways. This Centre of Excellence reaffirms RailTel’s commitment to advancing safety and innovation in the railway industry. Through cutting-edge training and research initiatives, the CoE will play a crucial role in shaping the future of railway operations in the country.’
Source: RailTel- Press Release | Images Credit: RailTel