Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister of Railways dedicated Chikkodi Road-Raybag double line (14 Km), new station building at Raybag and double line between Gubbi-Nittur (9 Km) on 21-02-2021 through video link from Rail Bhavan, New Delhi.
Shri Madhuswamy, Hon’ble Minister of Minor Irrigation and District In-charge Minister of Tumakuru; Shri Mahantesh Kavatagimath, Hon’ble Chief Whip of Legislative Council, Shri Iranna Kadadi, Hon’ble Member of Rajyasabha, Shri G.S. Basavaraj, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Tumakuru; Shri S.R. Srinivas, Hon’ble MLA of Gubbi, Shri Duryodhan Aihole, Hon’ble MLA of Raybag and other dignitaries attended the function organized locally at Gubbi and Raybag.
- While speaking Shri Piyush Goyal remembered late Shri Suresh Angadi for exemplary work he has done for Railways and for the state of Karnataka.
- He said that When the both Central Govt. led by Shri Narendra Modi ji, State government work together as a team that it gives a double engine speed to progress and to growth and Indian Railways gives the third dimension and when all three central govt., state govt. supported by the Indian Railways work together, unprecedented progress can be seen in the state of Karnataka.
- Doubling of track from Gubbi to Nittur, while it may seem like a small stretch, it is a part of a larger vision to double the railway line from Arsikere to Tumukuru on the Bengaluru-Hubballi line.
- The larger project between the Londa and the Miraj 186km project will be completed in the next two years.
- The Raybag railway station has also been provided with amenities and all of these projects put together will provide a catalyst for Karnataka’s progress and economy development.
- The Indian Railways is committed to improving all the railway facilities in the state.
- The suburban railway in Bengaluru also will transform the transportation in the state of Karnataka and for the people of Bengaluru to which the Govt. of Karnataka and Indian Railways both are very committed and working in partnership through the K-ride a special purpose vehicle set up between Indian Railways and Govt. of Karnataka.
- Several other projects in Karnataka are being done to improve the facilities and ensure a very good and happy experience for all the passengers using the Indian Railways.
- Integration of the metro services of Bengaluru with the suburban railway is being tried to provide seamless transportation.
Arsikere-Tumakuru Doubling project:
- Doubling of lines between Gubbi-Nittur (9 Km) stretch is part of the doubling project between Arsikere and Tumakuru (96 Km) on the Bengaluru-Hubballi line between Tumakuru & Arsikere.
- Arsikere and Tumakuru project was sanctioned in 2015-16 at a cost of Rs.783 Cr.
- Doubling of Railway track in this section will increase line capacity of important lines connecting Bengaluru to Hubballi, Belagavi, Mumbai etc., traversing all interior districts of Karnataka and enable faster movement of trains and improve intercity connectivity.
- The section between Gubbi and Nittur has been doubled at a cost of Rs.75.5 Cr.
- Along with doubling, 2 Major bridges and 15 Minor bridges have been constructed.
- Additional passenger amenities have been provided at Gubbi and Nittur Railway station.
- Platform shelter, High level platforms, Foot over bridge, toilets, benches and water booths have been constructed at Gubbi & Nittur along with doubling.
Londa-Miraj Doubling projects:
Doubling of lines between Chikkodi and Raybag (14 Km) stretch is part of the doubling project between Londa and Miraj on Hubballi-Miraj line between Londa and Miraj.
- Londa and Miraj (186 Km) doubling was sanctioned in the year 2015-16 at a cost of Rs.1191 Cr.
- Once this project is completed it will give impetus to rail infrastructure in Belagavi district.
- Doubling of Railway track in this section will increase line capacity of important lines connecting Bengaluru to Hubballi, Belagavi, Mumbai etc., traversing all interior districts of Karnataka.
- It will enable faster movement of trains and improve intercity connectivity.
- New Station Building has been provided at Raybag Railway Station along with the doubling with upgraded passenger amenities.
- Handling of train operations has been optimized with provision of the latest Signalling system and indigenously developed state of the art electronic interlocking.
- Shri Ajay Kumar Singh, GM/SWR briefed about the projects.
- Under the visionary leadership of Hon’ble PM, Indian Railways has been achieving all-round progress with firm focus on safety and passenger services, by leveraging the latest technology.
Doubling & Electrification:
- Karnataka had historically been single line and non electrified Railway network.
- Indian Railways is transforming the Railway network in Karnataka by taking up doubling and electrification of lines.
- This will build futuristic Railway networks and enable running trains faster.
- With renewed thrust on infrastructure augmentation by Hon’ble MR, record commissioning of doubling is being done in Karnataka.
- SWR will be adding 203 Km of lines this year in its network, one of the highest in IR, by completing 49 Km of new lines and 154 Km of doubling of existing tracks.
- The entire Railway line from Bengaluru to Miraj is passing 10 districts in Karnataka. Gubbi-Nittur section is the penultimate section in Tumakuru-Arsikere doubling.
- Once the full section is completed, Bengaluru to Hubli doubling will be 80% completed.
- It constitutes the main trunk route for Karnataka.
- Doubling between Chikodi Road and Raybag stations is part of a doubling project between Londa and Miraj.
- Full section is expected to be commissioned with Electrification by 2023.
- Along with doubling many important passenger amenity works are being taken up at all stations, he said.
- Shri Madhuswamy, Hon’ble Minister of Minor Irrigation and District In-charge Minister of Tumakru; Shri G.S. Basavaraj, Hon’ble Member of Loksabha, Tumakuru; Shri Mahantesh Kavatagimath, Hon’ble Chief Whip of Legislative Council; Shri Iranna Kadadi, Hon’ble Member of Rajya Sabha also spoke on the occasion from the local function organized at Gubbi and Raybag.
- Shri Aihole Duryodhan, Hon’ble Member of Legislative Assembly, Raybag; Shri S.R. Srinivas, Hon’ble Member of Legislative Assembly, Gubbi; Shri Arvind Malkhede, Divisional Railway Manager; Shri Hari Shankar Verma, Principal Chief Operations Manager and others were present.
Source: South Western Railway-Press Release | Image Credit: MoR