RITES Limited and North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO) have officially signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on consultancy works aimed at fortifying logistical infrastructure.
RITES Ltd., a prime transport infrastructure consultancy organisation, today signed an MoU with North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO) to collaborate on consultancy works for strengthening logistical infrastructure at various hydropower stations in the region, including the Siang Basin.
Objective of this MoU:
- To enhance the power infrastructure in the region, the Arunachal Pradesh Government has entrusted NEEPCO for executing five hydropower projects in the Siang Basin.
- As per the MoU, RITES will also support NEEPCO as a Project Management Consultant for works related to rail infrastructure facilities, including signalling & telecommunications, overhead equipment, and conveyor systems.
- Also, the MoU entails works related to roads, buildings and other civil ancillary structures, including utilities.
This partnership exemplifies RITES’ commitment to advancing sustainable infrastructure by leveraging its core expertise in consultancy services. The company is poised to work in tandem with NEEPCO and support their endeavour of increasing access to clean energy.
About RITES Limited:
- RITES Limited is a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise and a leading player in the transport consultancy and engineering sector in India.
- It has diversified services and geographical reach.
- The company has an experience spanning 49 years and undertaken projects in over 55 countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, South America, and the Middle East region.
This collaboration not only signifies a strategic alliance between RITES and NEEPCO but also underscores the shared commitment to advancing infrastructures for sustainable and clean energy solutions.
Source: RITES- Press Release
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.