In a strategic leap towards advancing railway infrastructure, RITES Limited, a distinguished Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, has initiated an e-tender process for Geotechnical Investigation for the construction of ROB/Subway under Gati Shakti Unit in Samastipur.
Brief about Tender Submission:
Name of the Work: Geotechnical Investigation in connection with construction of Road Over Bridge / Subway/ Low cost ROB for elimination of level crossings under Jurisdiction of Gati Shakti Unit Samastipur, Bihar (ROB-7 Project).
|Tender Reference Number
|Estimated Cost (in Rs.)
|EMD (in Rs.)
|Document Download/Sale Start Date
|02nd Feb, 2024
|Bid Submission Start Date
|02nd Feb, 2024
|Bid Submission End Date
|15th Feb, 2024
|Bid Opening Date
|16th Feb, 2024
Scope of Services:
This contract is for the performance/ delivery of Services of the description, scope/ quantum, performance standards and quality outlined in the contract during the contract Period specified therein. Unless otherwise specified, the Services shall conform to performance and quality standards as stipulated in the contract or as per best standards in the market, where not so specified.
The contractor shall deliver Services and submit the reports, deliverables, outputs, and documents stipulated in Format 1.1: Description of Services to the Procuring Entity. The Services shall include all such work-elements not mentioned explicitly in this Contract, but that can be reasonably inferred from this Contract as being required for attaining Completion of the Services as if such items were expressly mentioned in this Contract.
Scope of Works:
- Mobilisation of drilling rigs, other drilling tools and accessories including personnel for carrying out drilling work conducting SPT, collection of Undisturbed, disturbed soil samples.
- De-mobilization drilling rigs, other drilling tools & accessories and personnel after completion of work.
- Setting up of drilling machines at each borehole location as per the location coordinates.
- Drilling of 150mm diameter boreholes in all kinds of soil/overburden strata. All boreholes shall be drilled up to specified depth below the ground ranging from 15m – 40m as per requirement or as instructed by the site engineer/representative of RITES.
- Collection of 100mm diameter, 450mm long undisturbed samples from bore holes and sealing the tube with molten wax at every 3.0m at each borehole location identified for ROB /RUB.
- Conducting standard penetration test (SPT) in soil and collection of disturbed soil samples at every 3.0m in each borehole location.
- Preparation and submission of field bore logs/geological logs in hard copy as well as in soft copy.
- Preparation and submission of computerised bore logs/geological logs in hard copy as well as in soft copy.
- Preserving soil /rock core samples with proper packing.
- Selection of soil /rock samples in consultation with RITES representatives and transportation of selected soil/rock core samples to RITES GT Laboratory at RITES LTD.,SHIKHAR, Plot No-1, Sector-29, Gurugram, Haryana on weekly basis or as per direction of Engineer-in-charge.
- Conducting all the activities at site shall be carried out as per relevant IS codes and as per instructions of RITES Representative at site.
- Videography of the borehole depth measurement showing complete measurement from start to end depth showing all rods taken out from borehole at each borehole location and uploading of video on respective drive link.
Similar Works shall mean the drilling work in all types of soil/weathered rock/hard rock including conducting SPT, collection of Undisturbed, disturbed soil samples and preparation of borehole logs.
- One similar work of Minimum value of 80% of the Estimated Cost of work i.e. Rs. 83.16 Lakhs, or
- Two Similar Works each of Minimum value of 50% of the Estimated Cost of work i.e. Rs. 51.98 Lakhs, or
- Three similar works each of Minimum Value of 40% of the Estimated Cost of work i.e. Rs. 41.58 Lakhs.
This endeavour by RITES signifies a commitment to advancing railway infrastructure, ensuring safer and more efficient transportation networks in Samastipur and contributing to the nation’s development goals.
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Central Railway