RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invited online e-tender for Aerial topographical survey using DGPS based integrated drone and other field works for final location survey for New BG Line/Doubling/3rd line/4th line, 5th line, 6th line/flyover line/bypass line over Eastern Railway-Package-I.
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/RI/T&S/Eastern Railway/FLS/ Package-I/2023
- Name of Work: Aerial topographical survey using DGPS based integrated drone and other field works for final location survey for New BG Line/Doubling/3rd line/4th line, 5th line, 6th line/flyover line/bypass line over Eastern Railway-Package-I.
- Estimated Cost: INR 62,28,872/-
- EMD: INR 1,24,577/-
- Period of Completion: 18 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 07th Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 21st Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 15th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 21st Oct, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 23rd Oct, 2023
Scope of Work:
The work/scope of the development of Final Location Survey for the for New BG Line/ Doubling/ 3rd line/ 4th line, 5th line, 6th line/ flyover line/ bypass line over Eastern Railway, can be broadly categorised in the following stages:
- This stage shall involve study of Satellite Imagery (CARTOSAT), DEM (digital elevation model), DSM (digital surface model), Feature extraction, Developing Orthophotos to generate topographic maps (1:5,000 Scale) and site reconnaissance for establishing control points and verifying obligatory points such as station yards, bridges/tunnels etc.
- The works in this stage are to be taken up only for new line projects other than doubling, 3rd line/ 4th line, 5th line, 6th line/ flyover line/ bypass line over Eastern Railway where the alignment has not been finalised using PET survey. (This stage is applicable only for New Line).
After finalisation of the alignment in Stage 1 by Railway, the contractor shall undertake a final location survey with the help photogrammetric techniques by using Drones/LiDAR survey as per the detailed specifications and methodology provided in the document along with preparation of topographical map on a scale of 1:100, identification and fixing of ground control points/GTS benchmarks, including stacking of final alignment on the ground using concrete pillars (During execution of work, Rly. may change the scale of drawings 1:1,000,1:2000/1:2500/any other scale, there should not be any financial impact later on).
This stage basically involves preparation of land acquisition plans, identification and planning of relocation of all surface/subsurface infringements, preparation of cable route plans, The works in this stage are to be commenced only after finalisation/approval of Section in stage 2 by Railway.
While rendering above services, the Contractors shall ensure that:
- Due diligence and excellent standards in the performance of the assignment.
- Compliance of all rules of Railway/RITES related to the contract of the project.
- Safety of the works being carried out by the Contractor. d) Highest standards of quality assurance in the execution of the work at each stage.
- Completion of work in the prescribed time schedule.
- That the Contractor assists the RITES/Railway for the required coordination with the local administration, infrastructure stakeholders, Revenue Authorities and any other stakeholders, until the approval is given by the concerned authorities.
- Quick response on queries and clarifications sought by RITES/Railways and other concerned State/Central/Government departments.
Topographical survey using Drone/LIDAR survey along the proposed alignment:
The contractor will undertake topographical survey using photogrammetric techniques duly using UAV drones mounted with DGPS and high resolution cameras and Lidars wherever necessary in a corridor width of minimum 200mts (100 mt on either side) along the proposed alignment and 300m corridor (150 mts on either side) in case of yards and then process high resolution imagery collected using drone survey or LiDAR point cloud collected at a point density of minimum 30 points per SQM with FHA (Fundamental Horizontal Accuracy) of 10 cm and FVA (Fundamental Vertical Accuracy) of 10 cm both at 95% confidence interval level. Imagery is to be taken at a resolution of 5 cm GSD. The data shall then be referenced to MSL with SOI permanent benchmark.
For places where additional area/corridor is to be covered by drone such as level crossings proposed for elimination through grade separator, etc. the same be done by Contractor at his own cost. Drone Flight planning shall be done accordingly. Flight planning shall be done in consultation with RITES/ Railways only.
Topographical Survey with LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) System:
- Shall be conducted to capture 3D Point Cloud data including standard feature extraction work using Post- Processing Software, with LiDAR data coverage up to 100 m on either side of the centre line of the selected alignment.
- Lidar point cloud is classified to the ground class to develop a bare earth model (Only Ground Points) which will be utilised for developing Digital elevation model, contours, levels, X-Sec & L-Sec of the projects. The detailed description/specification of deliverables which are common with Drone survey are brought out in the drone section only.
Post-processing of LiDAR data to produce the following:
- Classified Point Cloud in LAS (.las) format (Soft Copy format)
- Stereo-scopic Topographical map of 150 m corridor on either side of the finalised alignment on a scale of 1:100.
- Contours of 50 cm interval for the 50 m corridor.
- Digital Orthophotos of 5 cm GSD resolution (in tiles and seamlessly mosaicked over the survey area)
- DSM of 5 m grid
- DEM/DTM of 5 m/10 m grid
- The final output should be compatible with AutoCAD Civil 3D Software or similar
- Appropriate QA/QC to be undertaken for the data to ensure adherence to accuracy requirements as per this TOR.
Topographical Survey using photogrammetric technique (UAV Drones ) along the proposed alignment: The scope of the work in this stage can be broadly categorised as:
- Establishment of ground control points using reconnaissance survey and Preparation of Monographs for GCP establishment on ground. (Common for Drone/ Lidar survey)
- Procurement of high resolution images of 4cm GSD using UAV drone.
- Processing of the images using suitable photogrammetric software
- Generation of Digital surface model. (Common for Drone/ Lidar survey )
- Generation of Digital elevation model .(Common for Drone/ Lidar survey )
- Generation of Orthophotos with 5 cm resolution. (Common for Drone/ Lidar survey )
- Generation of contour at 0.5 metre interval (Common for Drone/ Lidar survey )
- Generation of 1:100 scaled 3D stereoscopic topographical maps and field verification. (Common for Drone/ Lidar survey)
- Cross section and L-sections along the corridor including volumetric calculations. (Common for Drone/ Lidar survey)
- Selection for the location of GCP’s & Preparation of Monographs for GCP Establishment on ground Procedure detailed at section, shall be followed here. However One GCP to be selected for every 250 mts and shall be uniformly distributed across the area of the image.
Subject to provisions in the Tender Document, participation in this Tender Process is open to all bidders who fulfil the ‘Eligibility’ and ‘Qualification criteria. Bidder should meet the following eligibility criteria as of the date of his bid submission and should continue to meet these till the award of the contract. Bidder shall be required to declare fulfilment of Eligibility Criteria in Form 1.2 (Eligibility Declarations). Bidder unless otherwise stipulated in TIS/ AITB.
- A natural person, private entity, public entity (State-owned enterprise or institution),
- Unless permitted explicitly in TIS/ AITB, not be (or proposes to be, a Joint Venture/ Consortium (an association of several persons, firms, or companies – hereinafter referred to as JV/C).
- A provider of the Other (Non-consultancy) Services offered with valid registration regarding GSTIN, PAN, EPF, ESI, Labour, Private Security Agencies, as applicable to the subject Services.
Completed or substantially (at least α payments received) completed similar works during last 7 years should be either of the following:
- Three similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40(forty) percent of the estimated cost; or
- Two similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 50(fifty) percent of the estimated cost; or
- One similar completed work costing not less than the amount equal to 80(Eighty) percent of the estimated cost;
Similar Works shall mean the work of Final location survey/Topographical Survey by using Drone Photogrammetry/LiDAR including Ortho-Photo for Railway line carried out in India under a single contract (including additional work carried out under the contract).
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR