RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invited online e-tender for Earth work in formation, construction of bridges and track linking work, supply of all P. way materials & fittings excluding rails, supply and installation of in-motion weigh bridge etc., in connection with the construction of Rail infrastructure facilities for the proposed Ashoka OCP of CCL, Dist. Chatra, Jharkhand. (Package-II).
- Tender Reference Number: 09/OT/RITES/PU-RNC/CCL/Ashoka Siding/PKG-II/2023-24
- Name of Work: Earth work in formation, construction of bridges and track linking work, supply of all P. way materials & fittings excluding rails, supply and installation of in-motion weigh bridge etc., in connection with the construction of Rail infrastructure facilities for the proposed Ashoka OCP of CCL, Dist. Chatra, Jharkhand. (Package-II).
- Estimated Cost: INR 130,00,10,652/-
- EMD: INR 01 Crore
- Period of Completion: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 18th Sep, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 26th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 04th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 26th Oct, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 27th Oct, 2023
Brief Scope of Work:
- Earthworks in formation, i.e. Cutting & filling with provision of blanketing layer as per RDSO guidelines.
- Construction of Bridges and Protection work.
- Laying of new track on formation including supply of P.Way Materials excluding Rail.
- Supply and installation of Weigh Bridge.
Inspection of Site by the Tenderers:
Tenderers are advised to inspect and examine the site and its surroundings and satisfy themselves before submitting their Tenders, as to the nature of the ground and subsoil (as far as is practicable),the form and nature of the site, the means of access to the site, local conditions, working hours, working conditions, availability of water, electricity, construction Labour, construction materials and other relevant requirements connected with work, the accommodation they may require and in general shall themselves obtain all necessary information as to risks, contingencies and other circumstances which may influence or affect their Tender.
A Tenderer shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the site whether he inspects it or not and no extra charges consequent on any misunderstanding or otherwise shall be allowed. The Tenderer shall be responsible for arranging and maintaining at his own cost all materials, tools & plants, water, electricity, access, facilities for workers and all other services required for executing the work unless otherwise specifically provided for in the contract documents.
Submission of a tender by a Tenderer implies that he has read this notice and all other contract documents and has made himself aware of the scope and specifications of the work to be done and of conditions and rates at which stores, tools and plant etc. will be issued to him by the Employer and local conditions and other factors having a bearing on the execution of the work.
Detailed Scope of Work:
- The contractor is required to execute the work in stretches/areas which are made available to him and which may or may not be in continuous stretches. Decision of Engineer-in-charge shall be final in this regard and binding on the contractor.
- Contractor shall have no claim if the stretches /areas are not available for the construction/repair at the same time. Extra time where requested by the Contractor on this account shall be considered by the Engineer-in-charge on a case to case basis.
- The contractor shall provide a detailed schedule of work along with material and labour deployment on monthly basis and revise or update the same every month.
- The contractor will be required to establish a field laboratory for testing of earth work/blanketing material, aggregate, cement, concrete, and other materials etc. The contractor shall provide qualified personnel to run the laboratory for the duration of the contract. The number of staff and equipment available must at all times be sufficient to keep pace with the sampling and testing program as required by the EngineerIn-charge or his authorised representative.
- The contractor shall procure all the materials well in advance (unless otherwise instructed by RITES) so that there is sufficient time for testing of the materials and clearance of the same before using in the works.
- Testing of the materials i.e. concrete cubes/reinforcement steel/moorum/earth/cement/aggregate/ballast and any other materials shall be carried out in Govt Engineering College, National Test House, RITES Laboratory, or any other NABL approved laboratories as directed by Engineer In charge or authorised representative and as per the frequency mentioned in relevant IS Code/QAP. Cost of testing of materials shall be borne by the contractor.
- The concreting work shall be done with a proper and assured system of curing in duly identified areas with date of concreting marked in paint. In hot weather the contractor shall take relevant care to cover the work with wet gunny bags/ Hessian cloth or use continuous sprinkling of water on the surface so as to keep the surface wet.
- The contractor shall, after completion of work, clear the site of all debris and left over materials, at his own expense to the entire satisfaction of the Engineer In charge or his authorised representative.
- The work of track linking at existing level crossings will be taken up only when specifically authorised by RITES representatives after giving due notice to road users. The road surface will be made good on completion of works at contractor’s cost, to the original standard. No extra payment for digging up road surface for the work and restoring the road surface will be admissible for work at level crossings.
The bidder should have achieved a minimum average annual financial turnover of Rs.65,00,05,326/- during the last 3 Financial Years.
In case JV is permitted the following provisions will apply:
For each Partner, the average Annual Turnover during the last three Financial Years will be considered. This should not be less than the figure arrived at by multiplying the minimum Average Annual Turnover stipulated for the Bidder in Qualification Criterion multiplied by the percentage participation by that partner in the JV. Each partner should satisfy this requirement and thus automatically JV will satisfy the criterion of minimum average Annual Turnover.
- Similar Works shall mean the work of “Any Civil Engineering work involving execution of Earthwork in Formation, Construction of Major Bridges and Track Linking for a Railway project” carried out in India under a single contract (including additional work carried out under the contract) In case the Bidder (Indian Company) wishes to rely on a work completed abroad, the value of such completed work in foreign convertible currency shall be converted into Indian Rupees.
- The conversion rate shall be decided by RITES based on the rates of currency on the date of completion of work (the bidder to also submit the currency conversion rate as on completion date of the Credential Certificate relied upon by the bidder for the purpose of work experience).
- Further, such a bidder (Indian Company) should have also completed at least one Similar work of value minimum 25% of estimated cost of work, in India in the last seven years prior to the last stipulated date for submission of the Bids.
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Central Railway