RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invites online e-tender for Design, drawing, supply, storage, guarding, erection, testing and commissioning of 25 KV OHE system, modification of existing SSP & electrical general works includes illumination of yard/pathway by 30 & 20 metre high masts for rail connectivity to Bhubaneswari SILO Phase-2 (12 MTY) near siding no. 5&6 at Talcher coalfield of MCL including dismantling of existing OHE.
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/BBSR/MCL/Bhubaneswar-II/OHE/OT-05/2023-24
- Name of Work: Design, drawing, supply, storage, guarding, erection, testing and commissioning of 25 KV OHE system, modification of existing SSP & electrical general works includes illumination of yard/pathway by 30 & 20 metre high masts for rail connectivity to Bhubaneswari SILO Phase-II (12 MTY) near siding no. 5&6 at Talcher coalfield of MCL including dismantling of existing OHE.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 16,80,19,795 Crore
- EMD: INR 33.60 Lakh
- Period of Completion: 07 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 12th June, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 03rd July, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 26th June, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 03rd July, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 04th July, 2023
Scope of Work:
- The work to be governed by this contract shall cover “ Design, drawing, procurement, fabrication, Manufacturing, storing , guarding, transportation to destination in safe custody at site, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of 25 KV OHE System, modification of SSP and Electrical General works of the following:
- Provision of stringing of OHE with modification and rectification for railway portion of rail connectivity for development of new siding for development of rail infrastructure for proposed rail connectivity to Bhubaneswari SILO Phase-II(12 MTY) near siding no 5&6 at Talcher coalfield of MCL.
- Modification of Bharatpur SSP.
- Safe dismantling of existing OHE, transporting & stacking at MCL/Railway store.
- Illumination of yard, path way, RUB & weigh bridge area by 30/20 mtr high mast/6 mtr octagonal pole/street light etc.
- Provision of Drawing & Design (Location Drawing, Lux Calculation, Cable laying route design) for 30 mtr long High Mast with 350W LED luminaries for yard Illumination.
- Supply, Erection, Testing & commissioning of High Mast.
- Training for maintenance of High Mast along with Luminaries.
- Preparation of “As Erected Drawings” (Layout Plan of high mast and cable, Connection diagram, Single Line Diagram, lux calculation) furnishing 4 copies and 1 nos. of Tracing for each drawing after approval.
- Coordination with South Eastern Railway both at the Divisional and Headquarters level.
- Sectioning Diagram, LOP, CSD, SED, Profile Drawing and other working drawings and get it approved from East Coast Railway.
- Preparation of “As Erected Drawings” furnishing 6 copies and 2 nos. of RTF for each drawing after approval.
- All the Supply and Erection work under this contract shall conform to the Technical Specifications of 25 KV AC Traction Equipment and relevant drawings issued by Director (T.I.), Research, Design & Standards Organization (RDSO), Manaknagar, Lucknow – 11. Copes of such specifications and drawings can be obtained from Director (T.I.), RDSO, Lucknow as required. General manager / RITES shall not issue any drawings/specifications to the contractor.
- Scope of the work under this contract includes Design, Drawing, Supply, Erection, Testing & Commissioning of 25 KV OHE system including all OHE related works like Bracket Erection, Stringing of Contact & Catenary wire, Adjustment of OHE, Tower Wagon checking etc Modification/Extension of existing conventional OHE under long power block period in a phased manner.
- For work close to railway line, road telephone line, power line (both underground and overhead) and structures, all precautions should be taken for ensuring that during the execution of the work no damage is caused to such assets and also no obstruction is caused to the movement of trains/road traffic.
- The work to be governed by this contract shall cover Design, Procurement, Shifting/ modification, Fabrication, storing, transportation to destination in safe custody at site, Insurance, Supply, Erection, Testing and commissioning of the system of the following:
- 25 KV AC OHE system (Conventional & tramway) including foundation, mast erection & bracket fittings as per bill of quantities.
- Preparation of LOP, CSD, SED, Profile Drawing and & other working drawings.
- Coordination with East Coast Rly. Both the Divisional and Headquarters level and get approval from Railway & supply of requisite number of prints of the approved drawing.
- All the basic designs, drawings of OHE issued by RDSO/Lucknow/and or CORE/Allahabad shall be arranged by the Contractor himself.
- All the Electrical General works will be as per IE & RDSO norms including Electrical Clearances.
- The Contractor shall furnish detailed working drawings (LOP/CSD/SED/AED) together with design calculations, if any, and to submit in quadruplicate for approval of the Railway.
- The Contractor shall prepare sectioning diagram, profile drawing etc. as detailed out under items 1 & 2 of the Explanatory note under schedule of quantities and submit the same for approval to Sr. DEE (TRD), of concerned Railway division within 15 days from the date of issue of work order.
- Contract will be rescinded at the contractor’s risk if fails to submit Layout Plan within stipulated days as mentioned above. On approval of Drawings/Designs by Railway in principle, the contractor shall distribute 5 copies as required before starting the work.
- The contractor shall also submit a design calculation for a special foundation of OHE mast, if required, and furnish the type of foundation at such location where standard designs, drawings or employment schedules do not cover & obtain approval of competent authority.
- The Contractor shall prepare ‘As Erected Drawing’ of OHE layout ‘SED’ and shall finalise it after joint verification with the concerned railway. The tracing of As Erected Drawing shall be submitted for approval of the concerned railway duly signed by the Contractor. The contractor shall furnish 2 nos of RTFs & 2 Nos of soft copy covering all drawings in addition to 6 (Six) coloured Print out copies of each drawings.
- It is to be clearly understood that all design & drawings shall be based on thorough study. General design & dimensions shall be such that the contractor is satisfied about the suitability of the design/dimension/Style of the equipment/assembly for the purpose.
- The OHE materials as per “Schedule of Quantities” in the tender documents required for the work and to be supplied by the Contractor as per BOQ shall have to be supplied from RDSO/CORE approved manufacturers after inspection.
- The scope covers supply and erection of the high mast lighting system of specified height including foundation and other civil works. High Mast System includes all components and accessories, foundation bolts with nuts, washers, anchor plates, templates, LED luminaries (degree of protection IP66), etc. and provision of luminaries on the head frame of high mast with manual/electrical operation arrangements to lower/raise for maintenance purposes.
Codes and Standards:
- Design, manufacture and performance of the High Mast lighting system shall comply with all currently applicable statutory regulations and safety codes and standards in the locality where the equipment is being installed and generally in accordance with the following standards for the loading of the High Mast.
- The High mast shall be of continuously tapered, polygonal cross section, presenting standards to give assured performance and reliable service. The structure shall be suitable for wind loading as per IS 875 Part III of1987.
- The mast shaft shall be made of best steel grade in compliance with BS-EN 10025/DIN 17100 or equivalent, cut and folded to form a polygonal section and shall be telescopically jointed and welded. The welding shall be in accordance with BS 5135/AWS.
- The top section shall have a flange plate bolted to the head frame. The mast shall be fabricated and butt welded longitudinally to form a tapered section with telescopic friction slip joints. The procedural weld geometry and workmanship shall be exclusively tested on the completed welds. Mast shall be delivered at site in multiple sections.
- Each section shall be hot dip galvanised (single dip) inside and outside, having uniform coating thickness of 85/65 microns for bottom/top sections respectively. At site the sections shall be jointed together by slip- stressed-fit method. No site welding or bolted joint shall be done on the mast.
- The mast shall have a fully penetrated flange, which shall be free from any lamination or incursion. The base plate shall be of single flange and constructed with holes jig- drilled for anchor bolts passage for fixing the high mast onto the concrete foundation.
- The base flange will be provided with supplementary gussets between the bolt holes to ensure elimination of helical stress concentration of the environmental protection of the mast. The entire fabricated mast shall be hot dip galvanised, internally and externally, having a uniform thickness of 70 microns for the bottom section and 65 microns for the top section.
- The welded connection of the base plate to the mast section shall fully develop the strength of the section. Ultrasonic testing procedure shall be considered as the minimum permissible testing method.
- The wall thickness of each section shall be designed to withstand the loads to which the high mast will be subjected but in any case it shall not be less than 3 mm and 4 mm at top and bottom respectively. Shaft section shall not be joined by circumferential weld or bolting.
- All mast components shall be hot dip galvanised, as per British Standard 729/1971 (1986). Earthing and earthing terminal shall be provided within the access door area of each high mast. Galvanising shall be inspected for (a) Adhesion (b) Mass of zinc coating and Uniformity.
Annual Financial Turnover:
- The bidder should have achieved a minimum average annual financial turnover of Rs.16,80,19,795.00 (Rupees Sixteen Crore Eighty Lakh Nineteen Thousand Seven Hundred Ninety Five) during the last 3 Financial Years
For works in Normal Areas (other than Difficult Areas):
- The Bidder should have satisfactorily completed or substantially completed in his own name or proportionate share as a member of a Joint Venture;
- At least one similar work of minimum value of Rs. 10,92,12,866.00, or
- At least two similar works each of minimum value of Rs. 6,72,07,918.00 during the last 7 (Seven) years prior to the last stipulated date for submission of the Bid. Works completed prior to the cut-off date shall not be considered.
- Similar Works shall mean the work involving Execution/Modification of “25KV AC Overhead Equipment (OHE) works” under a single contract (including additional work carried out under the contract).
- In case the Bidder (Indian Company) wishes to rely on a work completed abroad, the value of such completed work in foreign convertible currency shall be converted into Indian Rupees.
- The conversion rate shall be decided by RITES based on the rates of currency on the date of completion of work (the bidder to also submit the currency conversion rate as on completion date of the Credential Certificate relied upon by the bidder for the purpose of work experience).
- Further, such a bidder (Indian Company) should have also completed at least one Similar work of value minimum 25% of estimated cost of work, in India in the last seven years prior to the last stipulated date for submission of the Bids.
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR