RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invites online e-tender for Design, supply, installation, testing & commissioning of lift and escalators for air concourse of Ayodhya Railway Station, Uttar Pradesh.
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/PU LKO/AY/Lift-Esc/2023
- Name of Work: Design, supply, installation, testing & commissioning of lift and escalators for air concourse of Ayodhya Railway Station, Uttar Pradesh.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 6,85,37,162 Crore
- EMD: INR 13.71 Lakh
- Period of Completion: 08 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 23rd May, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 05th June, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 24th May, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 05th June, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 06th June, 2023
Scope of Work:
- The scope of Bid is to cover design, manufacture, supply, transport, loading/unloading, stores, Install, test, commission, obtain all necessary statutory approval, handing over to Client and Maintenance of Lifts and Escalators during the defect liability period as per the provision of Tender documents and as per latest RDSO Specification.
- The detailed scope of work under this contract is limited as detailed in Bill of Quantities / Schedule of Items.
- Design, Manufacture, supply, transport, loading/unloading, store, installation, testing. Commissioning of Lifts and Escalators, handing over and free maintenance for a period of Twelve months from the date of handing over.
- All minor civil works for Lifts & Escalators such as pocket cutting, grouting of bolts, and making good the surface in the lift shaft, machine room and landing, fixing of sills, which are required for installations, etc.
- Scaffolding and temporary lighting in the shaft as required for completion of work.
- Coordination with all other working agencies at site i.e. civil, electrical etc. at appropriate stages in the project.
- Liaison with the concerned department/ other statutory authorities and obtaining the permission from Electricity Board / Lift inspectorate (other statutory authorities from start to completion of work including obtaining completion certificate and any payment towards incidental expenses.
- Obtaining all approvals from the authorities for installation and final commissioning.
- Clearing all the debris arising out of Contractor’s work during/ after installation.
- Supply and fixing of structural steel work required for the installation of lift in the shafts and machine rooms.
- Handing-over the entire system to the Employer in satisfactory working condition.
- Providing adequate training for the lift operators to be employed by the Employer.
- All electrical works connected with Lifts and Escalators beyond power supply point shall also Included in the scope of the Bid as per this document.
- During the defect liability period of one year after successful commissioning of lifts and Escalators and taking over by the Client the Bidder shall carry out comprehensive Maintenance of Lifts and Escalators free of cost.
- The equipment supplied and erected shall be in accordance with the updated version of IS- 14665 pertaining to lift provision. Fire protection requirement as per IS and a National Building Code shall be complied with and as per latest RDSO Specification.
- All minor civil works under Lift Contractor’s responsibility include Cutting, Chasing and making good of the same at all levels, conceal the conduits and boxes for Panels etc.
- The minor Civil work shall also include items connected with fixing of Sill plate/ Sill slab projection, fixing of buffer springs in the lift, fixing and mounting beams, bearing plate etc. at the Lift Machine room. However the main civil/structure work required for Lifts & Escalators installation is not covered in the scope of work of bidder.
- Power supply -3 Phases, 415 Volts 50 Hz Power supply will be provided at requisite place by the Electrical agency by terminating the incoming supply cable along with earthing at a lift panel board with one incoming and sufficient number of outgoing feeders, each controlled by an isolator of suitable capacity, depending on the number of lift machines in each machine room.
- All power wiring for the Lift machine room will fall under the Lift Contractor’s scope commencing from the isolator.
- The Lift Contractor scope however does not include providing M.S. Conduits in the Lift shaft for permanent lighting purposes including wiring, fixing of holders etc. which will be done by the Electrical agency. Likewise 5/15 Amps sockets at various levels in the lift shaft will also be provided by the electrical agency.
- The signals from the Fire mode services of the Lifts shall be integrated into the overall fire alarm system forming part of the Building Management System. For this purpose, sufficient potential free leads shall be left by the Lift Contractor at appropriate locations preferably in the machine room from which the Building Management system Contractor will connect the interface to BMS/BAS system.
- LIFTS: The bidders to note that in respect to the finish of the car interior, the final specification shall be as per the RITES/Client requirement and approval.
- Subject to provisions in the Tender Document, participation in this Tender Process is open to all domestic bidders who fulfil the Eligibility and Qualification criteria as prescribed in this tender document.
- Bidder should meet the following eligibility criteria as of the date of his bid submission and should continue to meet these till the award of the contract. Bidder shall be required to declare fulfilment of Eligibility Criteria in proforma-1.
- The Bidder, unless otherwise stipulated in the tender documents should meet following Eligibility Criteria:
- The Bidder should be a Private or Government Owned legal entity (individual, proprietary firm, firm in partnership, limited company (Private or Public Sector) or corporation).
- The Bidder should not be (or proposes to be), a Joint Venture, unless permitted explicitly as per clause 2.4 hereinafter and Critical Data Sheet
- Bidders should have valid registration with Employees Provident Fund organisation under EPF and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952‟.
- Only Class -I Local Suppliers, as defined in Make-in-India policy, unless otherwise mentioned in these documents.
- The Bidder should not have a conflict of interest, which substantially affects fair competition. The Bidder and any of its affiliates (associates, subsidiary, JV partner), should not have been engaged by the Ministry/Department/RITES/Employer to provide consultancy services for the preparation or implementation of this project.
- The prices quoted should be competitive and without adopting any unfair/ unethical/ anticompetitive means. No attempt should be made to induce any other bidder to submit or not to submit an offer for restricting competition.
- The Bidder should not be insolvent, in receivership, bankrupt or being wound up, not have its affairs administered by a court or a judicial officer, not have its business activities suspended and must not be the subject of legal proceedings for any of these reasons.
- The Bidder should not have been declared as Poor Performer by RITES and their name should not currently be in the “Negative List‟ of RITES.
- The Bidder (including their affiliates or subsidiaries or Contractors/ subcontractors for any part of the contract) should not be currently declared ineligible/suspended/ blacklisted/ banned/ debarred by RITES or by any Central/State Government Department/ Public Undertaking or Enterprise of Central/State Government and such ban should not be in force at the time of submission of the Bid or extended deadline for submission of bid.
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Northern Railway