In a significant move toward advancing railway infrastructure, RITES Limited, a prominent Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, has opened a e-tender process for Geotechnical investigation for study of the proposed alignment in the vicinity of proposed seven tunnels and allied works construction of New line project from Dungarpur to Ratlam via Banswara.
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/UI/CED/ RITES/CED/GT/Dungarpur-Ratlam/2023
- Name of Work: Geotechnical investigation for study of the proposed alignment in the vicinity of proposed seven tunnels, fixing location of portals, conducting geological & geotechnical investigations including drilling trial bores and testing samples etc. for construction of seven Railway Tunnels in connection with construction of New line project from Dungarpur to Ratlam via Banswara.
- Estimated Cost: INR 1,15,48,900/-
- EMD: INR 2,30,978/-
- Period of Completion: 90 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 15th Dec, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 28th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 16th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 28th Dec, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 29th Dec, 2023
Scope of Services:
- This contract underscores adherence to performance/ delivery of Services of the description, scope/ quantum, performance standards and quality outlined in the contract during the contract Period specified therein.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Services shall conform to performance and quality standards as stipulated in the contract or as per best standards in the market, where not so specified.
- The contractor is obligated to deliver Services and submit the reports, deliverables, outputs, and documents stipulated in Format 1.1: Description of Services to the Procuring Entity.
- The Services shall include all such work-elements not mentioned explicitly in this Contract, but that can be reasonably inferred from this Contract as being required for attaining Completion of the Services as if such items were expressly mentioned in this Contract.
- Incidental Works/ Goods: If so stipulated, the contractor shall be required to perform/ deliver specified incidental Works/ Goods as an integral part of the Services in the contract.
It is proposed to do Exploratory drilling of Exploratory drilling of boreholes down to required depth, drilling of 150mm dia. boreholes in all type of soils/overburden, Drilling of NX size bore holes (75mm dia.) in all types of rock (weathered and fresh rock) and collection of rock core samples from bore holes at Tunnel sites up to required depth including preserving of rock cores in core boxes, In-situ permeability test in borehole at Tunnel sites and Conducting Deformability of rock materials test (young’s modulus, poisson ratio, modulus of deformability, stress strain curve, failure energy) IS 9221, IS 9143 & Tensile strength of rock materials (indirect tensile strength, ‘Brazilian test’) IS 10082 for rock sample as specified for (Geotechnical Investigation for Study of the proposed alignment in the vicinity of proposed Seven tunnels, fixing location of portals, conducting Geological & Geo-technical investigations including drilling trial bores and testing samples etc. for construction of seven Railway Tunnels in connection with construction of New line project from Dungarpur to Ratlam via Banswara).
The successful agency will be expected to complete the above work as per the scope mentioned in price bid and in conformity to technical specifications given in the document and various relevant codes and manuals of Indian Railways, BIS, other relevant organisations and best engineering practices. The work is required to be completed in the time frame mentioned in the tender document.
This initiative aligns with RITE’s Limited’s commitment to ensuring the highest standards of safety and precision in railway construction. The geotechnical insights gained from this investigation will play a pivotal role in shaping the successful execution of ambitious Durgarpur to Ratlam via Banswara new line project.
Scope of Works:
- Mobilisation of drilling rigs, other drilling tools and accessories including personnel for carrying out drilling work conducting SPT, collection of Undisturbed, disturbed soil samples.
- De-mobilization drilling rigs, other drilling tools & accessories and personnel after completion of work.
- Setting up of drilling machines at each borehole location as per the location coordinates.
- Drilling of 150mm diameter boreholes in all kinds of soil/overburden and NX size boreholes in boulders and rocky strata.
- All boreholes shall be drilled up to specified depth below the ground/ 3- 5m below the formation level of the Tunnel or as instructed by the site engineer/representative of RITES.
- Collection of 100mm dia. metre, 450mm long undisturbed samples from bore holes and sealing the tube with molten wax at every 3.0m for bridge locations.
- Conducting standard penetration test (SPT) in soil and collection of disturbed soil samples at every 3.0m for bridges locations.
- Conducting in-situ permeability test at selected location as per standard IS code.
- Preparation and submission of field bore logs/geological logs in hard copy as well as in soft copy.
- Preparation and submission of computerised bore logs/geological logs in hard copy as well as in soft copy.
- Preserving rock core samples in core boxes and submission to clients.
- Selection of rock core sample in consultation with RITES representative and transportation of selected soil/rock core samples to RITES GT Laboratory at SHIKHAR, RITES BHAWAN, Plot No-1, Sector-29, Gurgaon. Haryana on weekly basis or as per direction of Engineer-in-charge.
- Conducting Deformability of rock materials test (young’s modulus, modulus of deformability, stress strain curve, failure energy) IS 9221, IS 9143 for rock samples.
- Conducting Tensile strength of rock materials (indirect tensile strength, ‘Brazilian test’) IS 10082 for rock samples.
- Preparation and submission of field bore logs & computerised logs in hard copy as well as in soft copy.
- Conducting All the activities at site shall be carried out as per relevant IS codes and as per instructions of RITES Representative at site.
These Sections lay down the Qualifying Criteria for a bid/ Bidder to be considered a responsive bid/ bidder for further evaluation. Bids/ bidders not meeting these Qualification criteria shall be rejected as nonresponsive.
It may indicate the extent of dispensation allowed for Start-ups under ITB-clause 4.3.2-2) and Make in India -JVs under ITB 4.1.7-2. Unless otherwise stipulated in Section VII: Qualification Criteria, the Qualification Criteria shall include:
Criteria 1: Experience and Past Performance: Similar Experience:
- One similar work of Minimum value of 80% of the Estimated Cost of work i.e. Rs. 92.39 Lakhs, or
- Two Similar Works each of Minimum value of 50% of the Estimated Cost of work i.e. Rs. 57.74 Lakhs, or
- Three similar works each of Minimum Value of 40% of the Estimated Cost of work i.e. Rs. 46.19 Lakhs
Completed or substantially (at least α payments received) completed similar works during last β years should be either of the following: –
- Three similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40 (forty) percent of the estimated cost; or
- Two similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 50 (fifty) percent of the estimated cost; or
- One similar completed work costing not less than the amount equal to 80 (Eighty) percent of the estimated cost;
Similar Works shall mean the drilling work in soil and rock including conducting SPT, collection of Undisturbed, disturbed soil samples and rock core samples in hilly terrain.
The agency should have NABL accredited lab which includes testing of Tensile strength of rock materials (indirect tensile strength, ‘Brazilian test’) IS 10082 and Deformability of rock materials (young’s modulus, poisson ratio, modulus of deformability, stress strain curve, failure energy) IS 9221, IS 9143 for rock samples in laboratory.
The bidder should have NABL accreditation in their own name, JV or MOU with NABL accredited lab for the execution of tests mentioned and shall submit the proof of same i.e. NABL accreditation certificate for the mentioned tests. In case, the bidder fails to submit the same, their bid shall be liable to be rejected without assigning any reason.
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): RVNL