RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invites online e-tender for Supply, installation, wiring, testing and commissioning of signalling and telecommunication work of SINDRI BH distributed E.I to serve 2.5 MTPA & 5 MTPA coal washery of BCCL at Patherdih of Dhanbad division in East Central Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: 09/OT/RITES/PU-Ranchi /BCCL-Patherdih/S&T/2022
- Name of Work: Supply, installation, wiring, testing and commissioning of signalling and telecommunication work of SINDRI BH distributed E.I to serve 2.5 MTPA & 5 MTPA coal washery of BCCL at Patherdih of Dhanbad division in East Central Railway.
- Estimated Cost: INR 13,98,42,945 Crore
- EMD: INR 13,98,430 Lakh
- Period of Completion: 09 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 29th November, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 21st December, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06th December, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 21st December, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 22nd December, 2022
Scope of Work
- The Contractor has to work along with other agencies in and around the area allotted for his works. He should execute all his works in complete co-ordination and co-operation with all such agencies and provide access to other agencies so that at no time either his work or the work of other agencies is stopped or delayed.
- In case of any dispute in this regard, the decision of the Engineer-in-charge or his representative will be final and binding on the Contractor. No claim for idle labour, plant and machinery under any circumstances will be entertained by the BCCL/RITES.
- For work close to railway line, road telephone line, power line (both underground and overhead) and structures, all precautions should be taken for ensuring that during the execution of the work no damage is caused to such assets and also no obstruction is caused to the movement of trains/road traffic.
- The work to be governed by this contract shall cover Design, Procurement, Installation, and Transportation to destination in safe custody at site, Insurance, Supply, Erection, Testing and commissioning of the S&T system.
Inspection at site by the tenderer:
- Tenderer are advised to inspect and examine the site and its surroundings and satisfy themselves before their tenders, as to the nature of the ground and sub-soil (as far as is practicable), the form and nature of the site, the means of access to the site, the accommodation they may require and in general shall themselves obtain all necessary information as to risks, contingencies and other circumferences which may influence or affect their tender.
- A tenderer shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the site whether he inspects it or not and no extra charges consequent on any misunderstanding or otherwise shall be allowed. The tenderer shall be responsible for arranging and maintaining at his own cost all materials, tools & plants, water, electricity, access, facilities for workers and all other services required for executing the work unless otherwise specifically provided for in the contract documents.
- Submission of a tender by a tenderer implies that he has read this notice and all other contract documents and has made himself aware of the scope and specifications of the work to be done and of conditions and rates at which stores, tools and plant etc. will be issued to him by the employer and local conditions and other factors having a bearing on the execution of the work.
Design & Drawings:
- Design of S&T system including Signal Interlocking Plan, SWRD, Cable core chart, cable route plan, circuit diagram etc. as per concerned Railways practise complete in all respect as per tentative plan attached shall be submitted by the contractor and approved by RITES/Rlys, before starting of work.
- The contractor shall prepare detailed S&T drawings & designs as per site condition/ system requirement/SIP and submit to RITES/Rlys for obtaining approvals of RITES and/or Rlys, if required. All expenses in preparation and obtaining the necessary approvals shall be included in the cost.
Handing over of site:
- Efforts will be made by the Employer to hand over the site to the Contractor free of encumbrance. However, in case of any delay in handing over of the site to the Contractor, the Employer shall only consider suitable extension of time for the execution of the work.
- It should be clearly understood that the Employer shall not consider any other compensation whatsoever viz. towards the idleness of the contractor‟s labour equipment etc.
- The Employer reserves the right to hand over the site in parts progressively to the Contractor. The Contractor will be required to do the work on such released-fronts in parts without any reservation whatsoever.
- The access roads near the work site may not be available at the time of Mobilisation by the Contractor. The Contractor shall plan his work within the plant area as per available roads at site.
- All drainage of works area and all other weather truck able/haulage roads as required by the Contractor shall be constructed and maintained during the construction period by the Contractor at his own cost.
- The Contractor has to make temporary diversion of course of water during execution of any work conveniently free of cost.
- The Contractor will bear all the charges for testing of materials.
- Contractor will have to arrange water supply and electricity connection at his own expense.
- Contractor will have to arrange water supply and electricity connection at his own expenses for his own establishments
- Technical specification and instructions for trenching and laying of underground telecommunication cable and protective works:
- Supply of tapping and route plan
- Instructions for excavation & backfilling of trenches.
- Track crossing
- Road crossing
- Cable over steel Girder Bridges
- Culverts and Arch Bridges
- Cables in Marshy Areas
- Laying of Main/ Derivation Cable in Masonry building & cabins.
- Laying of Cable in Special Cases.
- Handling of Cable in Special Cases.
- Rewinding and Redruming of cables.
- Cable laying.
- Cable Reserve
- Cable marker
- Laying of Derivation cable
- Tools required for trenching Cable Laying and Filling.
- This chapter deals with the specifications under which the various work for trenching & laying of underground telecommunication cables coming under the purview of the contract are to be executed by the contractor.
Supply of tapping & route plan:
- Cable route plan, Tapping plan and joining schedule for jointing of cable will be prepared and supplied by the contractor in consultation with the engineer before the commencement of the work.
- This shall give a fairly accurate idea of the number & locations of the various tapings required on various circuits and the quantities and type of various equipment to be fixed, wired and commissioned. These shall be approved by the Engineer.
Instruction for excavation & backfilling of trenches:
- The representative of Engineer in charge of the work will mark the route of the cable in white chalk or lime as per the tapping and route plan and the instructions given to him by the Engineer, notwithstanding the cable route shown in the tapping and route plan to meet the requirement of local conditions at site, if any and as required shall be taken by the contractor to be final.
- The contractor shall be present at the time of marking and he shall furnish to the engineer’s representative required quantities of lime, rope labour etc. for carrying out this work.
- The marking will be given on the track side of the trench at a distance approx. one meter away from the centerline of the trench. In the difficult terrains such as water-logged areas, the position of the cable route will be specified by offsets from the centerline of the nearest track.
- Trenches for telecommunication cable shall normally be done as per Drg. Digging to a depth of one metre or as specified in schedule of work. The width of the trench shall be 300 mm. In places where underground pipes, electric mains etc. come in the way, trenches deeper than one metre shall be dug as necessary and HDPE pipes shall be placed to protect the telecom cables.
- Metal led, macadamized, concrete and stone paved roads shall also be cut to a depth of at least one meter. The cable shall be laid through HDPE pipe as per Drg. No. SIG/GEN/031-98. The road surface shall be restored to original.
- The bottom of the trench where the cable is to be laid shall be thoroughly prepared and shall be free from any stones. The bottom of the trench shall be horizontal and shall in no case be undulating.
- When the cable bed changes from solid to soft surface or from the bridge to soft soil, tamped fill at the transition point shall be provided so that cable is not pressed against the edge of a hard surface.
- In the entire cable route brick covering is required to be provided as per the approved’ Tapping route plan’ or as per the instruction by Engineer the contractor shall arrange supply and distribution of well burnt bricks of standard size at site along the excavated trenches and after uniformly covering the cable laid in the trenches by Stonefree sieved soil up to 50 mm height above the cable, he shall arrange to place the bricks flat and position them breadth wise so that on an average, 8 bricks shall be laid in a metre length.
- The Bidder should have satisfactorily completed in his own name or proportionate share as a member of a Joint Venture;
- At least one similar work of minimum value of ₹9,08,97,915/-, or
- At least two similar works each of minimum value of ₹5,59,37,178/- during the last 7 (Seven) years prior to the last stipulated date for submission of the Bid. Works completed prior to the cutoff date shall not be considered.
- Similar Works shall mean the work of “Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Signaling & Telecommunication Equipment/ System with the provision of Panel Interlocking (PI)/ Auto Signaling/RRI/Electronic Interlocking (SSI/EI) with Multi Aspect Colour Light Signaling (MACLS)” carried out in India under a single contract (including additional work carried out under the contract).
- In case the Bidder (Indian Company) wishes to rely on a work completed abroad, the value of such completed work in foreign convertible currency shall be converted into Indian Rupees.
- The conversion rate shall be decided by RITES based on the rates of currency on the date of completion of work (the bidder to also submit the currency conversion rate as on completion date of the Credential Certificate relied upon by the bidder for the purpose of work experience).
- Further, such a bidder (Indian Company) should have also completed at least one construction work of value minimum 25% of estimated cost of work, in India in the last five years prior to the last stipulated date for submission of the Bids.
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): East Central Railway