RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invites online e-tender for Earthwork in railway formation, construction of bridges, supply of P. way materials & loose fitting excluding rails, track linking work, supply and installation of in-motion weigh bridge etc. in connection with construction of rail-infrastructure facilities for proposed Magadh (Ph-II) (51 MTY) OCP of CCL, Dist – Chatra, Jharkhand (Package-II).
- Tender Reference Number: 07/OT/RITES/PU-RNC/CCL/Magadh PH-II Siding/PKG-II/2023-24
- Name of Work: Earthwork in railway formation, construction of bridges, supply of P. way materials & loose fitting excluding rails, track linking work, supply and installation of in-motion weigh bridge etc. in connection with construction of rail-infrastructure facilities for proposed Magadh (Ph-II) (51 MTY) OCP of CCL, Dist – Chatra, Jharkhand (Package-II).
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 131,41,93,602/-
- EMD: INR 01 Crore
- Period of Completion: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 11th Aug, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 04th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 22nd Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 04th Sep, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 05th Sep, 2023
Scope of Work:
- The description of Brief Scope of Work are as follows:
- Earthworks in formation, i.e. cutting & filling with provision of blanketing layer as per RDSO guidelines.
- Construction of Bridges and Protection work.
- Laying of new track on formation including supply of P.Way Materials excluding Rail.
- Supply and installation of Weigh Bridge.
Civil Engineering Works:
- CPWD Specifications 2019, Volume-I and II with correction slips up to the last date of submission of tender including extension, if any.
- The specifications along with amendments are available as a printed document issued by CPWD and also in soft copy PDF Format in CPWD website.
Electrical Engineering Works:
- CPWD General Specifications for Electrical Works
- Part I: Internal 2013
- Part II: External 2013
- Part III: Lifts & Escalators 2003
- Part IV: Substations 2013
- Part V: Wet Riser and Sprinkler Systems 2020
- Part VI: Fire Detection and Alarm System- 2018
- Part VII: D.G. Sets- 2013
- Part VIII: Gas based Fire Extinguisher System-2013
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Works 2017
- The above documents are available as Priced Document issued by CPWD and in soft copy PDF Format in CPWD website.
Standard Specifications for Railway Works:
- Specifications for execution of all civil engineering works related to Building work, Road works and Horticulture works etc. (except Formation works, Bridge works and P. Way works)- CPWD Specifications as indicated in para 2 above.
- Bridge Works, Formation and P. Way works.
- Indian Railway Unified Standard Specification-2021 (IRUSS-2021).
- The IRUSS specifications are available on the Railway Board’s website.
Specification for Track Ballast:
- RDSO Guidelines to be used for Track ballast is “Specification For Track Ballast: IRS-GE-1, June 2004 with up to date correction slip.
- These specifications will be applicable for stone ballast to be used for all types of sleepers on normal track, turnouts, tunnels and deck slabs etc on all routes.
- Basic Quality: Ballast should be hard durable and as far as possible angular along edges/corners, free from weathered portions of parent rock, organic impurities and inorganic residues.
- Particle shape: Ballast should be cubical in shape as far as possible. Individual pieces should not be flaky and should have generally flat faces with not more than two rounded/ sub rounded faces.
- Mode of manufacture: Ballast for all BG main lines and running lines, except on ‘E’ routes but including ‘E’ special routes, shall be machine crushed. For other BG lines and MG/NG routes planned/sanctioned for conversion, the ballast shall preferably be machine crushed. Hand broken ballast can be used in exceptional cases with prior approval of Chief Track Engineer/CAO/C. Such approval shall be obtained prior to invitation of tenders.
- On other MG and NG routes not planned/sanctioned for conversion hand broken ballast can be used for which no approval shall be required.
Special conditions for supply of Ballast:
- The rates, as per the Schedule, are inclusive of all taxes viz. commercial sales tax, octroi etc. and other charges levied by the State/Central government. The rate also includes all lead, lift, ascent, descent, loading, unloading, royalty etc. and all other incidental charges.
- The contractor shall stack the ballast, normally over the entire length of the section at specified locations duly certified by the Engineer-in-Charge except at those certain locations which are found to be inaccessible for certain reasons. The decision of Engineer-in-Charge at site will be final and binding on the contract for the locations, inaccessible for supply of ballast.
- The ballast shall be supplied as per the requirement given by the In-Charge at site.
- The ballast shall be in conformity with the latest “Specifications for Track Ballast”. However, the RITES administration may alter these conditions of technical nature, which do not have bearing on rates.
- The tenderer/contractor undertakes that the ballast supply at all times shall conform to the latest specifications for track ballast as specified by RITES.
- The contractor shall make his own arrangement at his own cost for the construction of service roads within the Project site as well as outside the Project site for transportation of ballast, if required. No separate payment shall be admissible to the contractor for the construction of such roads and its repairs & maintenance.
- The contractor shall have to make necessary arrangements for levelling the nominated grounds for stacking of ballast at cess, as per the direction and to the satisfaction of Engineer-in-Charge, without any additional claim of payment.
- The contractor shall submit the name of the quarry/quarries along with the tender from where the contractor is intending to supply the ballast.
- The cost of routine testing of ballast, as per RDSO guidelines shall be payable by the contractor. However RITES/CCL is at liberty to collect the ballast sample as and when required and send the same for testing at the cost of Contractor.
- The quantities of ballast mentioned in the schedule are approximate. RITES reserves the right to alter the quantity as per the actual requirement and nothing extra will be payable over and above the accepted rates.
- The contractor shall make necessary arrangements for the security of the ballast supplied during the progress of the work till the final bill is paid. No separate payment shall be admissible to the contractor for guarding the ballast.
- The ballast shall be supplied as per the requirement given by the Site Engineer. Quantity supplied extra over the required quantity may not be paid.
- Safety of ballast against any theft or loss remains solely with the contractor during the entire period of the contract agreement and the same has to be made good by the contractor. This responsibility of the contractor remains even if the ballast stacks are measured and paid for, unless RITES /EMPLOYER takes over measured ballast stacks from the contractor with a clear taking over certificate.
- The Stone ballast should be machine crushed and shall consist of hard and durable and as far as possible angular along edges/corners, free from weathered portions of parent rock, organic impurities and inorganic residues.
- The Tenderer should mention in the tender the name of quarry from where the ballast is proposed to be supplied and the distance of the quarry from site.
- The stone ballast should be inspected by the Engineer at regular intervals/as per frequency of testing in Railway/RITES specification to ensure quality and samples tested for physical properties (abrasion test, impact test and water absorption test values). Necessary Test charges shall be borne by the agency.
- Attempts should be made to have ballast of the best available quality. 90% of the payment will be paid in R.A. bills prepared against supply of ballast duly certified by Engineer In-Charge of RITES Ltd. or his authorised representative supported with measurement details, test certificates, royalties and all other necessary statutory taxes, clearance certificates etc. Balance 10% shall be released after spreading the same into the track.
- In case of delay in spreading of Ballast on track for the reason not attributable to the contractor, balance 10% payment will be released as per the direction of Engineer In charge.
- The rates in this schedule are entirely inclusive so as to cover any purchase and/or royalties and/or compensation for surface charges incurred by him whatsoever. The accepted rate includes all quarry charges, monopoly fee and other charges if any and tools and plants for clearing site for stacking, test and testing screens, carriage of materials to the site of stacking and removal of any material rejected by the Engineer to any site when the rejected materials are to be thrown.
- The rates quoted are inclusive of all charges including all taxes (excluding GST) levied by Union of India or State Government or local bodies etc.
- Subject to provisions in the Tender Document, participation in this Tender Process is open to all domestic bidders who fulfil the ‘Eligibility’ and ‘Qualification criteria as prescribed in this tender document.
- Bidder should meet the following eligibility criteria as of the date of his bid submission and should continue to meet these till the award of the contract. Bidder shall be required to declare fulfilment of Eligibility Criteria in proforma-1.
- The Bidder, unless otherwise stipulated in the tender documents should meet following Eligibility Criteria:
- The Bidder should be a Private or Government Owned legal entity (individual, proprietary firm, firm in partnership, limited company (Private or Public Sector) or corporation).
Annual Financial Turnover:
- The bidder should have achieved a minimum average annual financial turnover of Rs.65,70,96,801/- during the last 3 Financial Years.
- In case JV is permitted the following provisions will apply:
- For each Partner, the average Annual Turnover during the last three Financial Years will be considered.
- This should not be less than the figure arrived at by multiplying the minimum Average Annual Turnover stipulated for the Bidder in Qualification Criterion multiplied by the percentage participation by that partner in the JV.
- Each partner should satisfy this requirement and thus automatically JV will satisfy the criterion of minimum average Annual Turnover.
- The Partner-in-charge/Lead Member shall singly meet this criterion.
- Similar Works shall mean the work of “Any Civil Engineering work involving execution of Earthwork in Formation, Construction of Minor Bridges and Track Linking for a Railway project” carried out in India under a single contract (including additional work carried out under the contract).
- In case the Bidder (Indian Company) wishes to rely on a work completed abroad, the value of such completed work in foreign convertible currency shall be converted into Indian Rupees.
- The conversion rate shall be decided by RITES based on the rates of currency on the date of completion of work (the bidder to also submit the currency conversion rate as on completion date of the Credential Certificate relied upon by the bidder for the purpose of work experience).
- Further, such a bidder (Indian Company) should have also completed at least one Similar work of value minimum 25% of estimated cost of work, in India in the last seven years prior to the last stipulated date for submission of the Bids.
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR