RITES Limited emerged as the lowest bidder (L-1) in the tender floated by the Railway Board for service, testing & inspection of rails. The estimated order value is approximately Rs. 65.4 Crore.
- The details of the order is as follows:
- Service, Testing & Inspection of Rails as per IRS T-12 2009 for Indian Railways within India.
- Inspection of 60,00,000 MT Rails (each year around 12,00,000 MT Rails for Indian Railways).
- Time period by which the order(s)/contract(s) is to be executed is 5 years + 1 year (extendable).
- Approximate Inspection fees to be received in 5 years is Rs. 65.4 crore plus taxes.
About RITES Limited:
- RITES Limited, a Government of India Enterprise was established in 1974, under the aegis of Indian Railways.
- RITES is incorporated in India as a Public Limited Company under the Companies Act, 1956 and is governed by a Board of Directors which includes persons of eminence from various sectors of engineering and management.
- RITES Ltd., an ISO 9001:2015 company, is a multi-disciplinary consultancy organisation in the fields of transport, infrastructure and related technologies.
- It provides a comprehensive array of services under a single roof and believes in transfer of technology to client organisations.
- In overseas projects, RITES actively pursues and develops cooperative links with local consultants/firms, as means of maximum utilisation of local resources and as an effective instrument of sharing its expertise.
Source: RITES- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Southern Railway