RITES Limited, a leading Transport Infrastructure Consultancy and Engineering company, and Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL) have entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to jointly bid and execute works related to geotechnical investigations for civil engineering infrastructure projects.
- Under this arrangement, RITES and MECL will collaborate for technical services, including consultancy assignments, knowledge sharing and research & development activities.
- The partnership intends to bring in best practices by leveraging each other’s geological/geophysical expertise in civil engineering and mining fields.
About RITES Limited:
- RITES Limited is a Miniratna (Category – I) Schedule ‘A’ Public Sector Enterprise and a leading player in the transport consultancy and engineering sector in India, having diversified services and geographical reach.
- The company has experience spanning 47 years and has undertaken projects in over 55 countries across Asia, Africa, South America, and Middle East region.
- RITES Limited is the only export arm of Indian Railways for providing rolling stock overseas (other than Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia).
- Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL) is a ‘Miniratna I’ Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Mines, Government of India.
- Founded in 1972, the company is engaged in systematic exploration of minerals to bridge the gap between the initial discovery of a prospect and its eventual exploitation.
- MECL has the mission “to provide high quality, cost effective and time bound geo-scientific services for exploration and exploitation of minerals”.
Source: RITES- Press Release