Share with your network
During the nationwide lockdown, the Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) said that it was holding pre-bid meetings for leasing various land parcels across the country. The RLDA looks after the development of vacant railway land for commercial use in line with the objective to generate revenue by non-tariff measures.
- The RLDA has invited bids for leasing various land parcels and is conducting pre-bid meetings via video conferencing to sustain the momentum, it said in a statement.
- It said,”Initially for two RFQs (Request For Quotations) for development of Dehradun and Tirupati railway stations pre-bid meetings are likely to be done online.”
- The Indian Railways has approx 43,000 hectares of vacant land across the country.
- RLDA, Vice- Chairman, Ved Parkash Dudeja said, “We are was witnessing an unprecedented time due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We commend the healthcare fraternity for their untiring efforts to combat this global crisis.”
- He said,”As a responsible organization, we stand with the government and thus will be conducting all pre-bid meetings through video conferencing to fight this pandemic. All queries of the stakeholders shall be answered on the spot through video conferencing or later by e-mails.”
- Also, RLDA is committed to ensuring seamless operations by extensive use of digital technology and shall be implementing the “e-filing” system shortly for smooth functioning, he said.
- Its employees have been working from home to ensure minimum impact of the lockdown in the day to day operations of the authority.
Be the first to comment