Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited Proposal through e-tendering mode for Grant of Lease for Commercial Development of Two Land Parcels named Parcel ‘A’= 7,521.45 Sqm and Parcel ‘B’= 7,831.23 Sqm of Railway Land situated on Station Road near Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Railway Station for 45 years.
Brief about Tender Submission:
Name of the Work: Grant of Lease for Commercial Development of Two Land Parcels named Parcel ‘A’= 7,521.45 Sqm and Parcel ‘B’= 7,831.23 Sqm of Railway Land situated on Station Road near Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Railway Station for 45 years.
The Tender Number is (RLDA/2023/RFP/CD/70) for the above work. The Estimated cost for this work is INR 14.18 Crores for Parcel ‘A’ and 14.97 Crores for Parcel ‘B’ and EMD amount is INR 35 Lakh for Parcel ‘A’ and 35 Lakh for Parcel ‘B’
Prospective bidders can download the tender document starting from 28th December, 2023 and submissions are open from 28th December, 2023, the Pre-bid Meeting is on 17th January, 2024, the last date for the submission is 09th February, 2024 and the same will open on 09th February, 2024.
Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has been authorised by the Ministry of Railways to undertake the commercial development of Railway Land at Katra, J&K, India. The site is divided into 2 parts namely Parcel-A & Parcel-B situated along Station Road, Katra with details as under:
|Approx. Land Area
Land Parcel-A : 7,521.45 Sqm
Land Parcel-B : 7,831.23 Sqm
Both land parcels are situated along Station Road, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Railway Station, Katra, J&K
FSI Permissible for both land parcels
|FSI Offered for both Land Parcels
The site is bounded by:
|Land Parcel- A
|Land Parcel- B
|Station Road followed by Railway Building
|Vacant Railway Land followed by drain
- The site is situated in Firozpur Division of Northern Railway and is approx. regular in shape. The site is situated along Station Road north-east of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi, Katra Railway Station and is well connected to all parts of Katra.
- Katra Development Authority has proposed an Inter State Bus Stand north-west of the Railway Station. Further details can be seen in the Project Information Memorandum (PIM) uploaded on the official website of RLDA.
- The land use of the site is “Railway/Transportation” but as per Revenue Department letter no. DC/RSI/15-16/2757-58/SQ dt. 02.02.2016 commercial usage is permitted. Copy of this letter is available in Part-V of RFP.
- For site plans and site inventory, please refer to Schedule & Specifications (RLDA LDHB Part –V). The Site is to be given on 45 years lease for commercial development as per DCR norms of Katra Development Authority (KDA) on “as is where is basis”.
Scope of the Project:
The Selected Bidder shall carry out the development as per local building bye laws. The maximum permissible FSI for the site is 2.5. Present Bid has been invited for two land Parcels as shown in plan in Part-V of RFP. The bid is invited for FSI of 2.10 as mentioned in Bid Form-12 (A) and Form 12 (B).
However, the Selected Bidder/Lessee has the liberty to undertake Commercial Development as per requirement and by utilising permissible FSI for which Lessee shall have to pay additional Lease Premium and increased Annual Lease Rent as per Article-5 of GCLA (Part-II of RFP).
The Lessee shall, at its own risk, cost and expense, shall be responsible for:
- Arranging to obtain approvals of development scheme as per local building bye laws as required, on subject land by competent Government Authority
- The conceptualising, planning, designing, financing and construction of the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities upon the Site as per Good Industry Practice;
- Marketing of the Assets and Facilities after execution of the Lease Agreement;
- Generating & collecting revenue by, inter-alia, subleasing / subletting / licensing the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities constructed upon the Site; and Operating and maintaining the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities.
The Selected Bidder shall, at its own risk, cost, expense and charges in connection with or incidental to the performance of the obligations of the Selected Bidder under this agreement, shall procure all the requisite applicable permits for the development of the site and arrange to design, finance, construct and develop the Site.
No claim shall be entertained on this account. However, RLDA, without any liability thereof, will assist the Lessee in obtaining the required approval / permits purely on best effort basis, the Lessee shall not be deemed absolved of its own responsibility and RLDA shall not in any way be liable for the approval/permits or for non-receipt thereof for any reason whatsoever nor any loss or damage arising in consequences of such delay or non-receipt.
The Lessee shall be responsible for performance and fulfilment of all the obligations in accordance with the provision of the Bid Document and matters incidental thereto or necessary for the performance of any or all the obligations of the Selected Bidder/Lessee under the Lease Agreement at its own cost and expenses. The Bidder shall be permitted to market and sub-lease Built Up Area for usage of any legal and lawful activities.
- Minimum average Annual Total/Gross Turnover of the Bidder during the last 3 (three) financial years preceding the Bid Submission Date i.e. 2019-20, 2020-21 & 2021-22 should be Rs. 05 Crore respectively. OR
- The bidder should meet the net worth requirement as on 31st March, 2022 as Rs. 05 Crore respectively.
RLDA’s tender for long-term commercial development at Katra Railway Station showcases the organisation’s commitment to maximising the potential of railway land. Prospective bidders have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the area, aligning with local regulations and industry standards. The 45-year lease period further emphasises the long-term vision for sustainable development.
The complete document can be downloaded from www.tenderwizard.in/RLDA
Source: RLDA- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.