Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited Proposal through e-tendering mode for Grant of lease/license of commercial development of 3.135 acres of Railway Land at Land Parcel-II near Puducherry Railway Station in Tiruchirappalli Division of Southern Railway for 60 years.
- Tender Reference Number: RLDA/2023/RFP/CD-66
- Name of Work: Grant of lease/license of commercial development of 3.135 acres of Railway Land at Land Parcel-II near Puducherry Railway Station in Tiruchirappalli Division of Southern Railway for 60 years.
- Estimated Cost: INR 59 Crores
- EMD: INR 01 Crore
- Contract Period: 60 Years
- Document Download Start Date: 11th Dec, 2023
- Document Download End Date: 09th Feb, 2024
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 26th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 11th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 09th Feb, 2024
- Bid Opening Date: 09th Feb, 2024
Scope of the Project:
- The Lessee shall, at its own risk, cost and expense, arrange to undertake/ procure: Approval of Redevelopment scheme as required, on subject land by competent Government Authority.
- Conceptualising, planning, designing, financing and construction of the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities upon the Site as per Good Industry Practice and in accordance with Puducherry Municipality & applicable Local Bye- Laws.
- The developer shall arrange to get the change of land use/NOC from the local development authorities for the proposed commercial development at the project site. During the process RLDA/Railway will assist the developer in signing the applications to the authorities & attend meetings if required to resolve the issues.
- Generating revenue by, inter-alia, subleasing / subletting / licensing the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities constructed upon the Site; and Operating and maintaining the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities.
- Development of Redevelopment assets as per the schedule and specifications provided in the Part V of this Bid Document.
Performance and fulfilment of all other obligations in accordance with the provisions of this Bid Document and matters incidental thereto or necessary for the performance of any or all of the obligations of the Selected bidder/Lessee under the Lease Agreement at its own cost and expense.
- The selected bidder/Lessee, at his own cost, shall engage Project Management Consultant (PMC) for development on the project except for the Railway Redevelopment Portion.
- For railway re-development portion of the project, RLDA will engage an independent Project Management Consultant (PMC) and the selected bidder/Lessee shall abide by/ comply all the instructions of this independent Project Management Consultant, unless specifically instructed by RLDA, for successful completion of re-development portion of the project.
The specifications for the Railway Re-development project given in Part-V of this bid document are the minimum acceptable specifications. However, the selected bidder/Lessee is required to follow the Good Industry Practice in this regard.
Brief history of the Site:
The project site belongs to the Ministry of Railways with present custodian as Tiruchirappalli Division of Southern Railway. Ministry of Railways Vide Letter No. 2018/WCS/22/01/5 Dt 31.05.2019 entrusted the task of commercial development of 17,035 sqm of Railway Land at Land Parcel-II near Puducherry Railway Station in Tiruchirappalli division of Southern Railway.
As per this letter, RLDA is assigned and authorised for re-development of Railway Colony as provided in section 4(D)(2) (i), (ii) & (iv) of Railway Act, 1989 to exercise powers as provided under Section 4E of the Railway Act, 1989, and Rail Land Development Authority (Constitution) Rules, 2007.
Subsequently as per CE/CN/S/MS office letter No Nil Dated. 24.05., it was confirmed that, out of the entrusted area to RLDA, some area has been utilised for Puducherry station redevelopment and net area available for commercial development is 3.135 acres (12,688 sq.m) only instead of 4.2 acres.
Hence, RLDA has now taken up commercial development of this 3.135 acres only. The whole land will be handed with 60 Years Lease Period to the Lessee/ Developer for commercial development in one go which is as recommended by M&V consultant on demand and market study of Puducherry. Further, 3,264 sqm of land at Villianur Station will be handed over on licence basis for construction of Railway staff quarters.
- Minimum Built Up Area of one real estate project for each Site 6,214 sq.m
- Minimum Cumulative Built Up Area of Multiple real estate projects 31,720 sq.m
- Minimum Average Annual Total/Gross Turnover ₹25 Crore (Rupees Twenty Five Crore only)
- Minimum Net Worth ₹25 Crore (Rupees Twenty Five Crore only)
In case the Bidder is a consortium, the aggregate Financial Eligibility of individual Members of the consortium can be considered for meeting the minimum required criteria provided each of such Members holds at least 26% of the equity in the consortium. Further, the lead Member of the consortium must have a minimum of 50% of the Financial Eligibility specified in sub–para 6.0(B) above.
The complete document can be downloaded from www.tenderwizard.in/RLDA
Source: RLDA- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR