Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited Proposal through e-tendering mode for major upgradation of Gurgaon Railway Station including air concourse on modular concept on engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) mode.
- Tender Reference Number: RLDA/RFP/SRD-57 of 2023
- Name of Work: Major upgradation of Gurgaon Railway Station including air concourse on modular concept of Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) mode.
- Estimated Cost: INR 262.24 Crores
- EMD: INR 01 Crore
- Construction Period: 30 Months
- Document Download Start Date: 17th Nov, 2023
- Document Download End Date: 10th Jan, 2024
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 04th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 17th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 10th Jan, 2024
- Bid Opening Date: 16th Jan, 2024
Scope of the Project:
- Construction of the Project on the Site set forth in Schedule-A and as specified in Schedule-B together with provision of Project Facilities/Utilities as specified in Schedule-C, and in conformity with the Specifications and Standards set forth in Schedule-D, with Contractor’s own Materials; And
- Performance and fulfilment of all other obligations of the Contractor in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement and matters incidental thereto or necessary for the performance of any or all of the obligations of the Contractor under this Agreement.
Obligations of the Contractor:
Subject to and on the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Contractor shall undertake the survey, investigation, design, engineering, procurement, and construction of the Project and observe, fulfil, comply with and perform all its obligations set out in this Agreement or arising hereunder.
The Contractor shall comply with all Applicable Laws and Applicable Permits (including renewals as required) in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement.
Save and except as otherwise provided in this Agreement or Applicable Laws, as the case may be, the Contractor shall, in discharge of all its obligations under this Agreement, conform with and adhere to Good Industry Practice at all times.
The Contractor shall remedy any and all loss or damage to the Project, occurring on or after the Appointed Date and until the date of Provisional Certificate, with respect to the Works completed prior to the issuance of the Provisional Certificate and/or Completion Certificate, with respect to the Works referred to in the Punch List, at its own cost, save and except to the extent that any such loss or damage shall have arisen from any default of the Authority or on account of a Force Majeure Event in which case the provisions of Article 19 shall apply.
The Contractor shall remedy any and all loss or damage to the Project during the Defects Liability Period at its own cost, to the extent that such loss or damage shall have arisen out of the reasons specified in Clause 15.3.
The Contractor shall, at its own cost and expense, in addition to and not in derogation of its obligations elsewhere set out in this Agreement:
- Make, or cause to be made, necessary applications to the relevant Government Instrumentalities with such particulars and details as may be required for obtaining Applicable Permits set forth in Schedule-B and obtain and keep in force and effect such Applicable Permits in conformity with Applicable Laws;
- Procure, as required, the appropriate proprietary rights, licences, agreements and permissions for Materials, methods, processes, know- how and systems used or incorporated into the Project.
- Make reasonable efforts to maintain harmony and good industrial relations among the personnel employed by it or its Subcontractors in connection with the performance of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Ensure that its Subcontractors comply with all Applicable Permits and Applicable Laws in the performance by them of any of the Contractor’s obligations under this Agreement;
- Always act in a manner consistent with the provisions of this Agreement and not cause or fail to do any act, deed or thing, whether intentionally or otherwise, which may in any manner be in violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement;
- Support, cooperate with and facilitate the Authority in the implementation and operation of the Project in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement;
- Ensure that the Contractor and its Subcontractors comply with the safety and welfare measures for labour in accordance with Applicable Laws and Good Industry Practice;
- Keep, on the Site, a copy of this Agreement, publications named in this Agreement, the Drawings, Documents relating to the Project, Change of Scope Orders and other communications sent under this Agreement, and provide access to all these documents at all reasonable times to the Authority Engineer and its authorised personnel;
- Cooperate with other contractors employed by the Authority and with personnel of any other public authority; and
- Not interfere unnecessarily or improperly with the convenience of the public, or the access to and use and occupation of all the existing facilities within the Right of Way, irrespective of whether they are public or in the possession of the Authority or of others.
- To provide reasoned comments on any information relating to the Contractor’s activities under or pursuant to the agreement, which the Authority may publish.
The Contractor shall undertake all necessary superintendence to plan, arrange, direct, manage, inspect and test the Works.
The Contractor shall be liable for complete designing of the Project and the Project Facilities and all allied utilities.
The Contractor shall maintain required staff and necessary Contractor’s equipment and materials within the reach of the Site during the Defects Liability Period so that any defects arising are promptly attended.
The Contractor shall design the overall Project on Net Zero Energy Building (NZEB) concept, as far as practically possible.
The Contractor shall obtain certification for the project under either the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Green Building Rating System™, USA or under the IGBC rating system. The Contractor shall obtain the [Platinum] level of certification.
For demonstrating Technical Capacity and experience (the “Technical Capacity”), the Bidder shall have satisfactorily completed or substantially completed the Eligible Works as mentioned below during the last seven years ending on 31.10.2023.
- Three Eligible Works each costing not less than 30% (Thirty percent) of Estimated Project Cost, or
- Two Eligible Works each costing not less than 40% (Forty percent) of Estimated Project Cost, or
- One Eligible Work costing not less than 60% (Sixty percent) of Estimated Project Cost
For the purpose of this clause, the following shall be applicable: Eligible Work or Eligible Projects shall mean:
- Construction of Passenger handling terminals i.e. railway stations, metro stations, stations of RRTS / HSR / monorail, airport terminals, bus terminals having RCC framed structure or steel structure, or
- Construction of commercial real estate projects (such as educational institutions, hospital, hotel, convention centre, mall/shopping complex, sports complex, office complex) at a single site with a minimum built up area of 15,000 sqm, having RCC framed structure or steel structure.
- The value of the completed works shall be brought to current level by enhancing the same at a simple rate of 7% per annum, calculated from the date of completion to 31.10.2023.
- For this purpose, cost of work shall mean gross value of the completed work including the cost of materials supplied by the Government or owner, but excluding those supplied free of cost. This should be certified by an officer not below the rank of Project Manager/Executive Engineer or equivalent.
- For the purpose of evaluation, the works where the Bidder has received payments for not less than 75% (seventy-five) per cent value of awarded project cost of such project as per the original agreements, shall be treated as substantially completed work.
The complete document can be downloaded from www.tenderwizard.in/RLDA
Source: RLDA- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR