Share with your network
The Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor witnessed its fourth successful tunnel breakthrough in Meerut.
- Sudarshan 8.3 (tunnel boring machine) successfully completed the construction of about 750 meters long tunnel between Gandhibagh and Begumpul station and made a breakthrough on the tunnel retrieving shaft constructed at Begumpul station.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand.
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC
Be the first to comment