Share with your network
The National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) recently conducted a highly productive interaction with the media industry for non-fare revenue options like branding and advertising in the soon to be operational Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RAPIDX Corridor.
- NCRTC is soon going to commission the 17 km long Priority Section of India’s first Regional Rail, RAPIDX including 5 stations, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai & Duhai Depot. To overcome the challenges associated with reliance solely on passenger fares, NCRTC is actively exploring non-fare box revenue options for financial sustainability.
- Non-Fare Box Revenue options being considered by NCRTC include panel advertising, experiential advertising, retail shops, semi-naming rights, real estate development, consultancy, and other similar avenues.
- The interaction was joined by the representatives of various industry players such as JC Dacaux, TimesOOH, EG Communication, Khusi advertising, Pioneer, Jagran, Focus media and many more.
- During the interaction, experts from the media industry shared their views and proposed models of engagement with NCRTC. They shared their earlier experience in this regard with other metro rail organisations and airports.
Mr. Vinay Kumar Singh, MD, NCRTC invited them to actively participate in the revenue generation activities as this project has the capability of throwing up vast economic opportunities and changing the face of suburban towns through reverse migration.
- The first opportunity that NCRTC proposes to partner with, is the stations semi- naming rights. NCRTC stations will be hubs of activities with a dedicated footfall. The stations are typically at a distance of 4-5 km, thus serving a larger area.
- RRTS Stations are integrated with other modes of transport and offer several engagement opportunities for commuters and residents. By associating its name with the station, the Brand will instantly create a unique recall.
- Besides this, NCRTC will be selecting partners for Advertising – Outdoor, Indoor and Train Wrapping, Mobile Towers and Optical Fibre leasing and for providing last-mile connectivity.
- One of the new offerings from NCRTC will include Virtual Stores – which will allow users to virtually select the objects. The users can shop at their origin and goods can be delivered to them at the destination station. This could be faster than other modes of e-commerce. While these Virtual Stores are popular in South Korea, the initiative would be the first of its kind in India.
- Similarly, NCRTC can offer brands exclusive rights to sell products of a certain category at their stations. For example, a Food or grocery delivery tie-up could be with one aggregator, giving them an exclusive right to offer their products at NCRTC Stations. This is similar to the concept of “Pouring Rights” at the Airport where a single brand is given the right for offering beverages.
- NCRTC’s unique value proposition, based on RAPIDX’s distinction as the fastest regional commuter system in the country and its commitment to progress through speed, offers compelling benefits to potential partners.
- Selected partners may be engaged for short term to long-term association with NCRTC, leveraging the branding potential of RAPIDX. This association will translate into increased non-fare box revenue for NCRTC and heightened visibility for partner brands, establishing a mutually beneficial partnership.
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC
Be the first to comment