NCRTC welcomed a delegation from Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Donors from Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Sweden and Spain who visited the recently inaugurated Priority Section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
A delegation of Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Donors from Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Sweden and Spain visited the recently inaugurated Priority Section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
The delegation was led by Mr. Bertrand Furno, Executive Director, ADB; Mr. Llewellyn Roberts, Alternate Executive Director, ADB; and Mr. Norio Saito, Senior Director, ADB.
- The visit began with a detailed presentation on the RRTS project by the NCRTC team at its Corporate office – Gati Shakti Bhawan.
- Thereafter, accompanied by Ms. Namita Mehrotra, Director Finance, NCRTC, the delegation took a ride on India’s first Namo Bharat train from Sahibabad to Duhai Depot RRTS station.
- Further, at ‘Aparimit’ the innovation centre at Duhai Depot, team NCRTC demonstrated several new-age technologies like Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Building Information Modeling, Solar day lighting system which have been implemented in this first-of-its-kind project with the support of ADB.
- The delegation was informed about the efforts being taken for decarbonization and improving energy mix in favour of renewable sources, and the programs being conducted for gender sensitization of the O&M staff as well as for the operators of first/last mile connectivity services.
- The officials of the delegation appreciated the initiatives being taken to provide a safe and comfortable regional travel experience, the new-age Namo Bharat trains, and the innovative technologies being brought in for the RRTS project.
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.