Share with your network
Shri Ajay Seth, Secretary, DEA, GOI, visited some of the key sites of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- During the visit, team NCRTC led by MD Shri Vinay Kumar Singh gave him an overview of various project challenges. Shri Seth also witnessed the successful trials of the RRTS train sets.
- He appreciated the pace of project implementation and praised Team NCRTC’s efforts towards commissioning the priority section ahead of the scheduled target of June 2023.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC
Be the first to comment