Shri Naveen Gulati, Member Traction & Rolling Stock, Railway Board, Ministry of Railways, visited some of the key sites of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor like Anand Vihar Station, Sahibabad Station, and Duhai Depot.
- Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, Managing Director, NCRTC, along with other senior officials of the organisation accompanied him on this visit.
- During the visit, team NCRTC gave an overview of the various commuter-centric facilities at the stations and several features of the RAPIDX trainsets to provide a comfortable and safe travel experience.
- Shri Gulati appreciated the pace of project implementation, and the various initiatives taken by NCRTC for providing a new-age mobility solution for the people of NCR.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand.
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC