Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, Managing Director, NCRTC, inspected the construction work from Duhai to Meerut South Station, the section ahead of the Priority Section on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- During this visit, Shri Singh took stock of various construction works, including track laying, OHE installation, and electrical work, on the already constructed viaduct and all the stations in this section.
- He was joined by the directors and senior officials of NCRTC, during which inspection of the construction works of Muradnagar, Modinagar South, Modinagar North and Meerut South stations were conducted. All these stations are part of Package 3.
- The distance between Duhai and Meerut South Station is about 25 km where the construction of the viaduct has been completed. The total length of up and down lines in this section is 50 km, of which more than half of the tracks have been laid. Apart from that, traction works like mast cantilever erection etc. are being carried out. Presently, track laying activities are going on, on war footing.
- The Managing Director oversaw the progress of the work on the viaduct by riding on a trolley in the areas where tracks have already been laid. In this section, construction work for all the stations has progressed to the next stage.
- The necessary technical rooms and structures for the concourse and platform level have been completed. The stations are undergoing finishing work and the pre-fabricated roof structure is currently under construction.
- During the inspection, Shri Singh praised and encouraged the officials engaged in the construction work for the speedy construction work being carried out on the corridor. He also advised the contractors etc. engaged in the construction work to follow the safety and security norms diligently during the construction works, for which, he also laid emphasis on regular safety inspection of construction areas.
- It is noteworthy that in the second phase of the operation of RAPIDX train services, it will operationalise between Duhai to Meerut South Station. At present the priority section is ready for the operation of trains and train services will commence soon for the commuters.
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC