National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) Managing Director, Shri Vinay Kumar Singh inspected the construction works at the Murad Nagar, Modi Nagar South, Modi Nagar North, and Meerut South RRTS stations.
Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, MD, NCRTC, inspected the construction works at the Murad Nagar, Modi Nagar South, Modi Nagar North, and Meerut South RRTS stations which are part of Stage-II of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Corridor.
During the visit, Shri Singh took a keen interest in the efforts being taken from a commuter-centric perspective for ensuring ease of access and travel. He also took stock of the dust mitigation measures being taken at the sites like use of water sprinklers, smog guns etc.
What is RRTS:
- RRTS is different from metro as it caters to passengers looking to travel a relatively longer distance with fewer stops and at higher speed.
- RRTS is different from conventional Railway as it will provide reliable, high frequency, point to point regional travel at high speed along dedicated path way.
- RRTS is a new, dedicated, high speed, high capacity, comfortable commuter service connecting regional nodes in NCR.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand.
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC