Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) executed construction work on the Unkal road underbridge near Unkal Railway Station Yard Hubballi Division of South Western Railway in a record time of 24 hours on 16.05.2021. Construction of Road Under Bridge No.245A at Unkal Station Yard in Hubballi commenced on 15.05.2021.
- The work was initiated from 15.05.2021 and it was completed in 24 hours.
- The underbridge was a long-pending demand of the public.
- This underbridge will facilitate easy movement of road traffic between Sainagar, Unkal and other parts of the city.
- The underbridge is 7.5 metres wide and has a height of 4.5 metres. And, it is 33 metres in length.
- A mega line block was availed and 3000 cubic metre of earth was excavated.
- As part of the work, 22 nos. of base slabs and 22 nos. of boxes will be inserted.
- A mega line block was availed and 3000 cubic metre of earth was excavated on 15.05.2021.
- 18 base slabs and 17 boxes were inserted.
- A two-lane traffic will be facilitated through the underbridge.
- 18 base slabs and 17 boxes were inserted utilising a mega line block during which 3,000 cubic metres of earth was excavated.
- For execution of the work, two 400-tonne capacity cranes, five 200-tonne capacity earth excavators, three earth-movers, eight tippers and one road roller were used.
- The work was completed in compliance with all COVID-19 guidelines.
- Despite of Cyclonic climate and challenges posed by COVID pandemic, all these works were executed ina record time of 24 hours.
Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) was incorporated as a Public Sector Undertaking for the mandate to:
- Undertake and execute successfully the project development, financing and implementation of projects related to rail infrastructure
- Mobilize financial and human resources for project implementation
- Ensure timely execution of projects with least cost escalation
- Maintain a cost effective organizational set up
- Encourage public private participation in rail related projects managed by RVNL
- Be an infrastructure Project Execution Company committed to sustainable development and environment friendly construction practices of rail related projects in the country
- Acquire, purchase, license, concession or assign Rail infrastructure assets including contractual rights and obligation with the approval of MoR whenever required
Source: RVNL-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR