Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) emerges as the lowest bidder (L1) for “Construction of 4 Nos. tunnels, with ballastless track, bridges and other works from Km 831.8 to Km 841.9 in Dharakhoh-Maramjhiri section in connection with the third line” for Central Railway.
RVNL emerges as the lowest bidder (L1) for the Tender No. CAO-C-11 which was floated by Central Railway for the “Construction of 4 Nos. Tunnels (total Length 1.6km) with ballast less track, earthwork in formation, construction of important bridges (2nos), major bridges (1no), minor bridges (25nos), supply of stone ballast, track linking, side drain retaining wall etc. from Km 831.8 to Km 841.9 in Dharakhoh-Maramjhiri section in connection with third line.”
The estimated cost of project is Rs. 311,17,66,199.68/-
Time period by which the order is to be executed is: 18 months
- The company began its operation in 2005 with the appointment of a Board of Directors.
- The company was granted Miniratna status in September 2013.
- RVNL has been rated “Excellent” for the 9 successive years by the Department of Public Enterprises.
- RVNL has also been ranked 1st amongst the Railway PSEs for the 4 times out of the last 5 years.
- The turnover of the company for the financial year 2019-20 has increased by 44.44%.
- The authorised share capital of the company is Rs. 3000 crores with paid up share capital of Rs. 2085 crores
- The company has been listed after its disinvestment of its stake of 12.16% of the company through IPO.
Source: RVNL- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Central Railway