Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has floated tender for Construction of important Br. 553 (18×45.7m OWG) at km 411/537 over Kathajodi River in EPC mode (design and execution of foundations, substructures & superstructures) between Nirgundi (NGR) and Baranga (BRAG) in connection with construction of 3rd line between Bhadrak (BHC) and Vizianagaram (VZM) under Khurda Road Division of East Coast Railway in the State of Odisha, India.
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL-BBS-NRG-BRAG-Br-553-25-172
- Name of Work: Construction of important Br. 553 (18×45.7m OWG) at km 411/537 over Kathajodi River in EPC mode (design and execution of foundations, substructures & superstructures) between Nirgundi (NGR) and Baranga (BRAG) in connection with construction of 3rd line between Bhadrak (BHC) and Vizianagaram (VZM) under Khurda Road Division of East Coast Railway in the State of Odisha, India.
- Estimated Cost: INR 115,17,77,678/-
- EMD: INR 02 Crores
- Period of Work: 30 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 25th Sep, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 23rd Dec, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date: 08th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 17th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 23rd Dec, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 23rd Dec, 2023
Scope of Works:
It defines the scope of the railway project with precision and predictability to enable the Contractor to determine its costs and obligations. It also lays down a ceiling of a fixed percent of contract price to cater for any changes in the scope of project, the cost of which the Employer will bear.
The Contractor shall carry out surveys and investigations and also develop designs and drawings in conformity with the specifications and standards laid down in the Agreement. Employer’s engineer shall review the design and drawings to ensure that these conform to the scope of the project, design standards and specifications. The EPC agreement also stipulates provisions for quality control and quality assurance.
The work includes, but not limited to, construction and removal of any Temporary Works and diversions of utility services both of Railways and local authorities as defined in agreement. In addition, the Contractor shall undertake the rectification of defects happening in the Permanent Works arising due to new line work to the standards.
- The Contractor is fully responsible for delivering a safe, sound, durable and satisfactorily functioning state of the track conforming the project requirements, applicable latest standards, codes and manuals as specified in this document including all amendments.
- Certain works may require condonation of Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS) or Railway Board before execution of such works is taken up by the Contractor. Taking up bridge construction, Yard work, launching activities, other such works shall require sanction of CRS.
All Site investigations, Hydrological and Geo-technical Surveys, alignment finalisation, bridge planning, preparation of Design Basis Report, undertaking detailed design & drawings and constructions of foundations, substructures, as well as superstructures of the bridge including all ancillary works, record keeping, material testing, inspection reports etc. shall form part of scope of Works but not limited to, for successful completion of Permanent Works.
The Bridge shall be designed for the Employer to operate satisfactorily at a maximum design speed of 130 km/h. All the bridges and formation shall be constructed for 25 Tonnes loading standard. Track shall be constructed for an axle load of 25 Tonnes.
The alignment of the Railway Project shall be as per the alignment plans given in Schedule A, Annex III. The Contractor is required to review and revalidate it with respect to his own design. The Contractor is permitted to modify the plan and profile so as to get the best fit designed alignment of the Railway Project within the Right of Way boundaries set by the Employer.
- Geometric design, gradients, curves and all other general features of the Railway Project shall be in accordance with provisions of the Indian Railway Permanent Way Manual.
- The formation level at various chainages along the alignment is indicated in the project sheets. These shall be verified and corrected by the Contractor in the final alignment design in conformity with the Specifications and Standards specified in the Permanent Way Manual.
- The ruling gradient of the section on the main line shall be 1 in 150 compensated. The alignment shall be designed by the Contractor to avoid frequent changes of gradient.
Maximum gradient in the yards shall be governed as per Schedule of Dimensions. The gradient of the main line and its connections to existing yards shall be governed as per the Schedule of Dimensions. No change of gradient is permissible within a turnout.
Bridges shall be designed and constructed in accordance with the design standards and specifications as per Indian Railway Concrete bridge code, Indian railway Steel Bridge Code, Indian Railway Foundation & Substructure Code and other relevant Codes & Manuals specified in Schedule-D.
- All bridges shall be designed for the following minimum recurrence interval of floods:
- For Important and Major Bridges: 1 in 100 years
- For Minor Bridges: 1 in 50 years
Minimum average annual construction turnover in equivalent ₹ 92.14 Crore Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three financial years.
Execution as contractor or subcontractor, at least One contract with a value of at least ₹92.14 Crore or Two contracts each with a value of ₹69.11 Crore or Three contracts each with a value of ₹46.07 Crore that has / have been successfully or is substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for submission of the bids, and that is similar to the proposed work.
- The similar work here shall be that which meets the requirement of any one of the following:
- Fabrication, erection and launching of open web steel Girders in bridge superstructures in railway /road/Metro Rail bridges (including Viaducts).
Tender documents can be downloaded from website https://rvnl.org/active-tenders-new
Source: RVNL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DFCCIL