Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has floated tender for Design, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of signalling and telecommunication works involving indoor and outdoor works of Sitafalmandi A Cabin & B Cabin (STPD -A & STPD-B) for remodelling of existing yard in Hyderabad Division of South Central Railway of MMTS Phase-II project in the state of Telangana, India.
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL-SC-SnT-STPD YARD
- Name of Work: Design, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of signalling and telecommunication works involving indoor and outdoor works of Sitafalmandi A Cabin & B Cabin (STPD -A & STPD-B) for remodelling of existing yard in Hyderabad Division of South Central Railway of MMTS Phase-II project in the state of Telangana, India.
- Estimated Cost: INR 29,84,87,153.36/-
- EMD: INR 59,69,800/-
- Period of Work: 12 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 06th Sep, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 06th Oct, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date: 26th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 06th Oct, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 06th Oct, 2023
Scope of Works:
Sithaphalamandi (Hyderabad Division) – Lallaguda (SC Division) is a very important track connectivity in view of Railway operational benefits. This will connect and facilitate direct movement of trains from the Mahabubnagar and Kazipet legs duly avoiding the present circuitous route via Malkajgiri and Moulali- C cabin.
Apart from goods traffic, the proposed line will be helpful to negotiate the shortest Route and also avoid the congestion between MLY’C cabin & Secunderabad’ A cabin. Hence Railway has decided to provide Rail connectivity between Sithaphalamandi and Lallaguda.
Proposed work starts from Sithaphalamandi station and passes through Sithaphalamandi’ A’ Cabin, B cabin and ends at Lallaguda cabin on SC- KZP main line Inner ring road of Hyderabad is crosses the Railway track near Alugadda Bavi bridge (RUB) at Km.1.20. The major portion of the section lies adjacent to a heavily built up area and approachable by road is from Mettuguda Junction.
Signalling & Telecommunication Works:
- Signalling & telecommunication works in connection with the provision of doubling are proposed to be executed as a part of this contract.
- Apart from outdoor signalling works at Sithaphalamandi A Cabin and B Cabin, it has to be provided with conventional double line absolute block working using centralised/distributed version of EI, installation of integrated power supply system, Track Circuits with multiple aspect colour light signals.
- There are likely to be 1-2 phases working as per approval of the Railway. For Block working by means of UFSBI with HASSDAC, the work is to be done also at adjacent stations. All existing & new mid-section Interlocked LCs are to be interlocked.
Inspection of S&T Work:
S &T work is required to be carried out in accordance with the IRS specification for RRI/PI (S/36/87) and conforming to RDSO Specifications No. RDSO/SPN/192/2005 for EI with latest amendments issued.
The installation practices of all signalling gears should be as per the latest Signal Engg Manual and to suit latest relevant correction slips. The work is required to be carried out in accordance with the RE manual for stations falling under 25 KV electrified traction.
The execution is required to be carried as per standard specifications of RVNL. However, specifications, drawings and other details mentioned in BOQ or in special conditions, wherever applicable will prevail over the standard specifications.
The Signal & Telecom material to be supplied by the contractor as per RDSO Specifications/ Drawings will have to be procured from approved Vendors appearing in Vendor Directories of RDSO and to be supplied duly inspected by RDSO.
Where there are not more than three Indian suppliers categorised as Approved Vendor for a particular item, developmental vendors can be considered for placement of bulk order without any quantity restrictions. (Ref RB letter no 2001/RS(G)/779/7Pt 2 dated 06.11.2018).
In case where there are more than three Indian suppliers categorised as Approved Vendor for a particular item, total quantity to be ordered on developmental sources shall be limited up to 20% of NPQ as per Railway Board’s letter no. 2001/RS(G)/779/7Pt 2 dated 25.06.2018.
For procurement through RDSO Vendors for Developmental order, prior approval of RVNL’s Engineer shall be obtained duly following conditions laid down in the aforementioned letters.
The Signal & Telecom material to be supplied by the contractor as per TEC/DOT/BSNL specification will have to be procured form DOT/TEC approved firms. The inspection of such items will however be carried out by RDSO provided the value is more than value stipulated in the inspection policy of RDSO.
In case the contractor is supplying imported equipment from an approved manufacturer, hence in addition to the manufacturer’s test certificate, such equipment shall be inspected by RDSO.
Signal & Telecom items not inspected by RDSO/ RITES for any reason will be inspected by the Engineer / Authorised Representatives of RVNL. In case of any difficulty in inspection, RVNL may decide the authority of inspection, either by any other Govt. agency or by consignee. Whenever materials are inspected by Authorised Representatives of the RVNL/Engineer, the contractor will be required to furnish his or manufacturer’s Guarantee Certificate.
The RVNL shall have full power to reject any material that it may consider to be defective or inferior in quality, workmanship, or otherwise not in accordance with the Specification and the RVNL’s decision shall be final, even though they might have been inspected by RDSO/RITES.
The contractor shall remove forthwith any such material rejected and replaced promptly at his own cost. Inspected and accepted material, if damaged during transit, shall be replaced by the contractor free of cost prior to installation.
Inspection Charges of RDSO and RITES will be borne by the Contractor. In case of Change of Inspection from RDSO/RITES to RVNL/Consignee,1% of cost of material to be deducted by RVNL ,as Inspection Charges.
Items included in the list of items to be inspected by RDSO & RITES and are not inspected by RDSO/RITES for any reason whatsoever and will be inspected by the Authorised Representatives of RVNL.
The following conditions will apply:
- Material conforming to RDSO specn/drg is procured from RDSO approved source.
- Contractor shall submit Manufacturer’s Guarantee Certificate for the material.
- All such cases where change in agency of inspection other than mentioned in the schedule is required will be processed for specific approval of competent authority.
Immediately after completion of works/such part of works, the Contractor shall certify and advise the Engineer in writing that the works are (i) complete (ii) ready for satisfactory commercial service and (iii) ready to be handed over. He will also place at the disposal of the Engineer the required staff for checking it and putting it into operation.
The test or tests as stipulated in RVNL’s Technical Specifications shall be carried out jointly by the Railway / Engineer and the contractor within a month after the receipt of the Contractor’s notification as stated in sub-Para above.
The provisions contained in the sub clause 10 of GCC shall be followed for taking over of the installations. The PAC will be issued to the contractor only after successful charging of OHE/PSI installations at 25KV.
Use of Rejected/Substandard Items/ Equipment:
In the event of such rejection as aforesaid, the Engineer shall, without prejudice to his other rights and remedies and in particular without prejudice to his rights under the clause just preceding, be entitled to the use of the rejected/substandard equipment/item for a time reasonably sufficient to enable him to obtain other replacement.
During such period, if the rejected/substandard equipment/item is used commercially the Contractor shall not be entitled to the payment on energisation until such rejected equipment is rectified and/or replaced, but the Engineer shall not be entitled to claim any damages arising out of rejected/ substandard equipment/item in respect of such period.
Minimum average annual construction Must meet turnover in equivalent INR 59.70 requirement Crores i.e., 2V/T Crores (Where V=value of work. T=Time of completion in Years) Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three financial years (refer note below the table).
Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least One contract with a value of at least INR 17.91 Crores i.e., 0.6V Cr. (Where V is the value of works) that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for submission of the bids, and that is similar to the proposed work.
The similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Must meet requirements of either (I) or (II) Form EXP – 2(a) i. Installation, testing and commissioning of EI/SSI/PI/RRI works of at least 01 station i.e., (0.5Q) stations (where Q= total number of stations in work requirement) in railway through a single contract.
- Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least Two contracts, each with a value of at least INR 10.45 Crores i.e., 0.35 V Cr. (where V is the value of works) that have been successfully or are substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for the submission of the bids, and that are similar to the proposed work.
Each similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Installation testing and commissioning of EI/SSI/PI/RRI works of at least 0.5 station (0.25Q) stations (where Q= total qty of Stations in work requirement) in railway through each contract.
Tender documents can be downloaded from website https://rvnl.org/active-tenders-new
Source: RVNL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Central Railway