Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has floated tender for Package-IIIC: Construction of road bed, major bridges, minor bridges, ROBs, RUBs, including road approaches, station buildings, staff quarters, other service buildings, HL Platforms, COPs, FOBs, general electrical work and other works related to construction of Yavatmal-Nanded New BG Line from Km: 169 to Km: 190 of Central Railway in Maharashtra State.
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL-NGP-YTL-NED-Pkg-IIIC
- Name of Work: Package-IIIC: Construction of road bed, major bridges, minor bridges, ROBs, RUBs, including road approaches, station buildings, staff quarters, other service buildings, HL Platforms, COPs, FOBs, general electrical work and other works related to construction of Yavatmal-Nanded New BG Line from Km: 169 to Km: 190 of Central Railway in Maharashtra State.
- Estimated Cost: INR 409.34 Crores
- EMD: INR 02 Crores
- Period of Work: 30 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 19th Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 21st Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 15th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 21st Nov, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 21st Nov, 2023
This work pertains to Package-IIIC: Construction of Road Bed, Major Bridges, Minor Bridges, ROBs, RUBs, including road approaches, Station Buildings, Staff Qtrs, Other Service buildings, HL Platforms, COPs, FOBs, General electrical work and other works related to construction of Yavatmal-Nanded New BG Line from Km: 169 to Km: 190 of Central Railway in Maharashtra State.
Wardha-Nanded (284 Km) connects Hinterlands of Wardha, Yavatmal, Washim, Hingoli & Nanded Districts (Maharashtra) to the Mumbai – Howrah main Line at Wardha and Nanded–Nizamabad Line between Mugat-Maltekdi X-ing stations ahead of Nanded.
Project imparts Employment Generation, Socio- Economic development of area (Region) & Goods Transportation (Freight). The Project goes parallel to Murtizapur to Yavatmal Narrow Gauge line (Popularly Known as Shakuntala Line) for about 20 Kms.
Scope of Works:
The total length of the proposed work is 21 Km. This work on the full stretch can be started immediately as a major portion of land is available for execution of work. The proposed new line between KM:169 to KM:190 has the following stations:
|Sr. No.||Station||Chainage||Type of station|
Salient features of the section:
|Sr. No.||Description||Chainage KM 169 to KM 190|
|1||Length of Section||21 KM|
|2||Ruling Gradient||1 in 150 compensated|
|3||Maximum Degree of curvature||3 Degree (maximum)|
|4||Loading Standard||25 T Axle Load of 2008/MBG loading of 1987|
|5||Quantum of Earthwork||28.84 Lac Cum (Approx)|
|6||Quantum of Concreting||0.48 Lac Cum (Approx)|
|10||No. of Stations||2|
|11||Maximum Height of Bank||13.4 m|
|12||Maximum Depth of Cutting||36.45 m|
|13||Staff Quarters (Type II, III and IV)||69|
|14||Length of stretches of high bank above 15 m height||0 KM|
|15||Length of Stretches cutting depth more than 10 m in depth||0.45 KM|
|16||Electrical Line crossing (LT & HT)|
LT-73 Nos HT-39 Nos
- While planning for the work of transportation of bridge construction materials to the bridge site., the finished formation of earth work in banks and cuttings with or without blanket layer should not be used for plying of trucks or other vehicles used for transportation.
- This restriction has specially been imposed to save the top surface of the formed formation from forming pits and ruts, which later are likely to accumulate water and pose problems for maintenance.
- The mechanical means required to meet the stipulations mentioned in the above sub Para should be arranged by the Contractor.
- Railway land, if available and spare-able, shall be provided for the purpose of stacking of material and setting up of concrete batching plant, etc. However, the Contractor shall be responsible for arranging any such requirement of land and arranging/developing any required approach to site of work, etc at his own cost.
- The Contractor shall be required to mobilise resources for taking up work at a number of locations simultaneously. A tentative scheduling of major activities is given at sub-clause 2.14 of this section for the purpose of guidance only. The planning of resources may be done at least to meet these requirements.
- Suitable/preferred type of soil for embankment is not available in close proximity of the proposed new line. The bidder may ascertain availability and lead/lift involved before quoting his rates.
Availability of Land:
The major portion of the required land for the execution of works is available along the alignment. However, the contractor may have to take lease of the land temporarily for installation of his facilities like batching plant/ Casting Yard/Site Workshop etc. The bidders are advised to make detailed study and cater for such expenditure in the bid.
Approaches to the project site:
- The land acquired for the project caters for construction and operation of the proposed line. The contractor shall plan for approach roads to the various sites of work conducting detailed surveys and should include the cost of inputs for any such approach roads in his bid for the work.
- However, in case any existing road outside railway land has to be utilised for transportation of materials to the site of work and in the process the road gets damaged or needs to be strengthened and the authority owning the said road submits demand to CPM/RVNL to carry out some specific works in order to strengthen/repair the road, CPM/RVNL shall get such works executed through the existing contractor or any other agency and make the payment for such work.
Minimum average annual construction turnover in equivalent INR 327.47 Crores Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three financial years (refer note below the table).
Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least One contract with a value of at least INR 245.6 Cr. that has been successfully or is substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for submission of the bids, and that is similar to the proposed work.
The similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Execution of minimum quantity of 14.04 Lakh CUM of Earthwork / blanketing/sub base in railway/road formations/ runways /taxiway system of airports/dams/canals/Power plants, through single contract.
- Execution of bridge work consisting of construction and launching of PSC girders/Slabs and/or Composite girders of 12.2 M or longer spans with total length of such spans being 225.5 M or more through single contract.
- Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least Two contracts, each with a value of at least INR 143.27 Cr. that have been successfully or are substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for the submission of the bids, and that are similar to the proposed work.
Each similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Execution of minimum quantity of 7.02 Lakh CUM of Earthwork / blanketing/sub base in railway/road formations/ runways /taxiway system of airports/dams/canals/power plants through each contract.
- Execution of bridge work consisting of construction and launching of PSC girders / Slabs and/or Composite girders of 12.2 M or longer spans with total length of such spans being 112.75 M or more through each contract.
Tender documents can be downloaded from website https://rvnl.org/active-tenders-new
Source: RVNL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Northeast Frontier Railway