Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has invited bids for Design supply, erection, testing and commissioning of signalling and telecommunication works involving indoor and outdoor signalling works between DKLU-MNGD-BMCK-THV-SPRD B and SPRD-RGDA sections in Sambalpur and Waltair Divisions of East Coast Railway in the state of Odisha, India.
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL-SnT-TIG-VZM-pkg-3-4
- Name of Work: Design supply, erection, testing and commissioning of signalling and telecommunication works involving indoor and outdoor signalling works between DKLU-MNGD-BMCK-THV-SPRD B and SPRD-RGDA sections in Sambalpur and Waltair Divisions of East Coast Railway in the state of Odisha, India.
- Estimated Cost: INR 25,53,56,563/-
- EMD: INR 51,07,131/-
- Period of Work: 18 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 19th July, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 18th Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 19th July, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 18th Aug, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 18th Aug, 2023
- This work pertains to Design supply, Erection, Testing and commissioning of Signalling and Tele-communication works involving indoor and Outdoor Signalling works between DKLU-MNGD-BMCK-THV-SPRD B and SPRDRGDA sections in Sambalpur and Waltair Divisions of East Coast Railway in the state of Odisha, India”. Under Package- 3 & 4 of VZM -TIG 3rd line project.
Scope of Work:
- The scope of work includes design supply, erection, testing and commissioning of Signalling and Tele-communication works involving, indoor and Outdoor Signalling works and provision of site facility and related works in the above mentioned section such as commissioning of IB’s with EI and associated outdoor works, provision of track circuits in the existing yard, supplying of signalling cable etc,. Some miscellaneous items are provision of manpower at stations, goomties, LC gates and IB huts with various Skilled, Semi-skilled and Unskilled personals.
Salient features of the section:
Signalling & Telecommunication Works:
- Signalling & telecommunication works in connection with the provision of the 3rd line are proposed to be executed as a part of this contract.
- Apart from Indoor and outdoor signalling works at Muniguda, Bissamcuttack, Theruvali, Singapur Road B Cabin, Singapur Road Junction & Rayagada stations, the work contains 6 block sections to be provided with conventional double line absolute block working using centralised/distributed version of EI, Track Circuits with multiple aspect colour light signals and commissioning of IB’s with EI equipment.
- There are likely to be 1-2 phases working as per approval of the Railway. For Block working by means of UFSBI with SSBPAC(D), the work is to be done also at adjacent stations. All existing & new mid-section Interlocked LCs are to be interlocked.
Inspection of S&T Work:
- S&T work is required to be carried out in accordance with the IRS specification for RRI/PI (S/36/87) and conforming to RDSO Specifications No. RDSO/SPN/192/2005 for EI with latest amendments issued.
- The installation practices of all signalling gears should be as per the Signal Engg Manual Part I &II issued in September 2001 and to suit latest relevant correction slips. The work is required to be carried out in accordance with the RE manual for stations falling under 25 KV electrified traction.
- The execution is required to be carried as per standard specifications of RVNL. However, specifications, drawings and other details mentioned in BOQ or in special conditions, wherever applicable will prevail over the standard specifications.
- The Signal & Telecom material to be supplied by the contractor as per RDSO Specifications/Drawings will have to be procured from approved Vendors appearing in Vendor Directories of RDSO and to be supplied duly inspected by RDSO.
- Where there are not more than three Indian suppliers categorised as Approved Vendor for a particular item, developmental vendors can be considered for placement of bulk order without any quantity restrictions. (Ref RB letter no 2001/RS(G)/779/7Pt 2 dated 06.11.2018).
- The Contractor shall submit the guarantee certificate from the manufacturer/OEM of the equipment for satisfactory working of the equipment erected by him in installations, for a period that is earlier of:
- 30 (Thirty) months after their delivery, or
- 24 months from the date of commercial operation, or
- 24 months from the date of Provisional Acceptance by the Engineer
- However, if the RDSO specification of the equipment specifies the period of guarantee/warranty, the same shall be applicable.
- The guarantee for spares (if any) should be coincident with the guarantee for erected equipment.
- The provisions contained in the sub-clause 11. “Defects Liability” of GCC shall be followed for rectification of defects.
Average Annual Construction Turnover:
- Minimum average annual construction turnover in equivalent INR 34.05 Crores Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three financial years.
Contracts of Similar Size and Nature:
- Execution as contractor, or subcontractor:
- At least One contract with a value of at least INR 15.32 Crores that has been successfully or is substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for submission of the bids, and that is similar to the proposed work.
- The similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Installation, testing and commissioning of EI/SSI/PI/RRI works of at least 3 stations in railway through a single contract.
Tender documents can be downloaded from website https://rvnl.org/active-tenders-new
Source: RVNL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): South Central Railway