Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has floated tender for Providing rockfall barriers and slope protection works at different locations in connection with Barkhera – Budni 3rd line project on Bhopal Division of West Central Railway in Madhya Pradesh state, India.
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL/BPL/2023/BKA-BNI/OT/1
- Name of Work: Providing rockfall barriers and slope protection works at different locations in connection with Barkhera – Budni 3rd line project on Bhopal Division of West Central Railway in Madhya Pradesh state, India.
- Estimated Cost: INR 46.56 Crores
- EMD: INR 93.12 Lakhs
- Period of Work: 06 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 19th Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 21st Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 15th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 21st Nov, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 21st Nov, 2023
- Bhopal – Itarsi section is an important link on the North – South Corridor. Apart from heavy goods traffic, many important passengers carrying trains including Rajdhanis pass over this busy route.
- Due to over saturation, the Railway has decided to lay a third line on this section. In Barkhera – Budni section roadbed, tunnelling, P-Way, S&T and OHE works and other related works are in progress.
Scope of Works:
Construction of Roadbed:
Roadbed works are in progress. It will cover construction of all Important/Major/Minor Bridges, Relay room buildings at stations, Formation Works, Wild Life Protection works e.g. underpasses/overpasses/chain link fences/check dams etc., excavation for OHE foundations in rock and trenching for S&T cables. Detailed Designs of this portion of the contract are available with RVNL.
Construction of Tunnels and Cut & Covers:
It will cover construction of tunnels for the project. The total length of tunnels is 3.36 KMs. There are seven tunnels, in which construction of two tunnels by ‘Cut & Cover’ method and five by NATM has been completed. The length of one longest tunnel is 1.08 KMs.
Salient Features of The Line: Salient features of this proposed Line are as under:
|1||Standard of Construction||Group ‘A’|
|2||Gauge||1676 mm BG|
60 Kg/90 UTS rails in mainline and 52 Kg rails in loop lines and sidings
|4||Sleeper||60 kg PSC sleepers of existing design|
1660 sleepers per km in main line and 1540 sleepers per km in loop line
Mainline -300mm Minimum Loop lines-250 mm
|7||Welding of rails||As far as possible, CWR/LWR to be provided|
|8||Points & Crossings||60 KG on MBC sleepers with 1 in 12 curved switches negotiated by passenger trains and 1 in 8.5 curved switch negotiated by goods trains|
Blanket of adequate depth to be provided depending on the sub-grade proposed
Protective measures, as required ensuring safety cutting must be incorporated
|10||Maximum degree of curvature||4 degree|
|11||Ruling gradient||1 in 125 (compensated)|
|12||Gradient in yard|
Preferably 1 in 1200 but not steeper than 1 in 400. Gradient in existing yards need not be changed
|13||Length of loop||Minimum 735 metre CSR|
|14||Track centres||5.3 m minimum|
|15||Maximum grade on approach to main river bridges||As flat as possible, consistent with site conditions and not steeper than 1in 200 compensated|
|17||Width of formation|
Bank: 7.85 on straight.
Cutting: 7.85 m on straight
Width of bank and cutting may be increased suitably on curves based on extra clearance requirement.
|18||Speed||90 Kmph for Mail / Express Trains|
|19||Type of Loading||25 -2008|
Locations of proposed work to be carried out:
- Providing rockfall barriers between Ch. 10.600 to 10.800, 12.200 to 12.300, 14.05 to 14.200 & 14.250 to 14.600.
- Slope Protection work consisting of three-dimensional erosion control mat with required specification as given in BOQ at locations Ch. 10.300 to 10.560, 10.600 to 10.800, 12.200 to 12.300, 14.05 to 14.200, 14.250 to 14.600.
- The three-dimensional erosion control mat is provided along with self-drilling anchor bolts and drainage pipes of required length as per direction of Engineer.
- The location may vary as per site conditions and situation arises.
- The alignment passes through revenue land and mostly through forest land. The forest land also has Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary which has quite a high population of Tigers and other carnivorous animals.
- Entire revenue and forest land has been taken over by RVNL including the land for access roads. The proposed centre line has been transferred to the field, where RCC pillars have been provided at every 100 metres for the entire length of the alignment except for the portion covered by Tunnels.
- The contractor shall once again check the accuracy of the existing pillars before commencing the work of tunnels. The starting point of the alignment is at Budni station and the proposed line is to be constructed by the side of the existing DN line.
- The project has three block sections i.e. Budni – Midghat – Choka – Barkhera. The tunnels lie in all the block sections and one tunnel i.e. Midghat tunnel is exactly at the station location.
Access to Site:
- The track has been linked from Barkhera – Budni 3 rd line section. The work has to be executed without disturbing the track.
- The approach road is available from Chainage 7.300 to 10.800, from Ch. 16.000 to 14.050 with two track crossings in between.
- The bidders are encouraged to inspect the site and satisfy themselves about this aspect (including the transport of the material to the work site and execution of the work).
Minimum average annual construction turnover in equivalent INR 186.24 Crores. Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three financial years (refer note below the table).
Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least One contract with a value of atl least INR 27.94 Cr. that has been successfully or is substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for submission of the bids, and that is similar to the proposed work.
- The similar work here shall be that which includes quantity of key activity mentioned below:
- Execution of minimum quantity of 425 RM of Providing and fixing of ETAG certified Class A Dynamic Rockfall Barrier in railway/road formations/runways/taxiway system of airports/dams/canals/power plants through single contract, or
- Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least Two contracts, each with a value of at least INR 16.30 Cr that have been successfully or are substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for the submission of the bids, and that are similar to the proposed work.
- Each similar work here shall be that which includes quantity of key activity mentioned below:
- Execution of minimum quantity of 212.50 RM of Providing and fixing of ETAG certified Class A Dynamic Rockfall Barrier in railway/road formations/runways/taxiway system of airports/dams/canals/power plants through each contract.
Tender documents can be downloaded from website https://rvnl.org/active-tenders-new
Source: RVNL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR