Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has invited bids for Construction of road bed, major bridges, minor bridges, ROBs, RUBs, including road approaches, station buildings, staff quarters, other service buildings, HL Platforms, COPs, FOBs, general electrical work and other works related to construction of Yavatmal-Nanded New BG Line from Km: 207 to Km: 253 of Central Railway in Maharashtra State.
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL/NGP/YTL-NED/Package-IV
- Name of Work: Construction of road bed, major bridges, minor bridges, ROBs, RUBs, including road approaches, station buildings, staff quarters, other service buildings, HL Platforms, COPs, FOBs, general electrical work and other works related to construction of Yavatmal-Nanded New BG Line from Km: 207 to Km: 253 of Central Railway in Maharashtra State.
- Estimated Cost: INR 567.59 Crore
- EMD: INR 02 Crore
- Period of Work: 36 Month
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 12th May, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 28th July, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 12th May, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 28th July, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 28th July, 2023
- This work pertains to Package-IV: Construction of Road Bed, Major Bridges, Minor Bridges, ROBs, RUBs, including road approaches, Station Buildings, Staff Qtrs, Other Service buildings, HL Platforms, COPs, FOBs, General electrical work and other works related to construction of Yavatmal-Nanded New BG Line from Km: 207 to Km: 253 of Central Railway in Maharashtra State.
- Wardha-Nanded (284 Km) connects Hinterlands of Wardha, Yavatmal, Washim, Hingoli & Nanded Districts (Maharashtra) to the Mumbai – Howrah main Line at Wardha and Nanded–Nizamabad Line between Mugat-Maltekdi X-ing stations ahead of Nanded. Project imparts Employment Generation, Socio- Economic development of area (Region) & Goods Transportation (Freight). The Project goes parallel to Murtizapur to Yavatmal Narrow Gauge line (Popularly Known as Shakuntala Line) for about 20 Kms.
Scope of Work:
- The total length of the proposed work is 46 Km. This work on the full stretch can be started immediately as a major portion of land is available for execution of work.
The proposed new line between KM:207 to KM:253 has the following stations:
Type of station
Availability of Land:
- The major portion of the required land for the execution of works is available along the alignment. However, the contractor may have to take lease of the land temporarily for installation of his facilities like batching plant/Casting Yard/Site Workshop etc. The bidders are advised to make detailed study and cater for such expenditure in the bid.
Approaches to the project site:
- The land acquired for the project caters for construction and operation of the proposed line. The contractor shall plan for approach roads to the various sites of work conducting detailed surveys and should include the cost of inputs for any such approach roads in his bid for the work.
- However, in case any existing road outside railway land has to be utilised for transportation of materials to the site of work and in the process the road gets damaged or needs to be strengthened and the authority owning the said road submits demand to CPM/RVNL to carry out some specific works in order to strengthen/repair the road, CPM/RVNL shall get such works executed through the existing contractor or any other agency and make the payment for such work.
Chainage KM 207 to KM 253:
Chainage KM 207 to KM 253
Length of Section
1 in 150 compensated
Maximum Degree of curvature
3 Degree (maximum)
25 T Axle Load of 2008/MBG loading of 1987
Quantum of Earthwork
26 Lac Cum (Approx)
Quantum of Concreting
0.7 Lac Cum (Approx)
No. of Stations
Maximum Height of Bank
Maximum Depth of Cutting
Staff Quarters (Type II, III and IV)
Length of stretches of high bank above 15 m height
Length of Stretches cutting depth more than 10m in depth
Electrical Line crossing (LT & HT)
- The scope of work includes construction of 48 Minor bridges. The list of detailed minor bridges are provided in the tender documents.
- The scope of work includes construction of 18 major bridges. The list of detailed major bridges are provided in the tender documents.
- The scope of work includes construction of 11 ROBs. The list of detailed ROBs are provided in the tender documents.
- The scope of work includes construction of 11 RUBs. The list of detailed RUBs are provided in the tender documents.
- Providing and maintaining office accommodation, equipment and vehicles for the use of the Employer and their Assistants and Staff during the contract and defect liability periods.
- Setting out the line and level of alignment for the proposed doubling/third line and establishing working bench marks and alignment references, taking the details from bench marks and alignment references established by the Employer/ other designated contractors.
- For carrying out accurate survey work, survey control points shall be established along the railway line using high end survey equipment such as DGPS or Total Station connected with nearest GTS Bench Mark.
- Also reference pillars are to be established for relocation. This work is meant for maintaining & checking proper alignment of midsection & bridges for which the contractor is solely responsible.
- Every precaution has to be taken such that there shall be least disturbance to road traffic during transportation of construction materials to the site of work.
- Making and supply of ‘As Built’ drawings for the new assets created.
- While planning for the work of transportation of bridge construction materials to the bridge site. The finished formation of earth work in banks and cuttings with or without blanket layer should not be used for plying of trucks or other vehicles used for transportation.
- This restriction has specially been imposed to save the top surface of the formed formation from forming pits and ruts, which later are likely to accumulate water and pose problems for maintenance.
- The mechanical means required to meet the stipulations mentioned in the above sub Para should be arranged by the Contractor.
- Railway land, if available and spare-able, shall be provided for the purpose of stacking of material and setting up of concrete batching plant, etc. However, the Contractor shall be responsible for arranging any such requirement of land and arranging/developing any required approach to site of work, etc at his own cost.
- The Contractor shall be required to mobilise resources for taking up work at a number of locations simultaneously. A tentative scheduling of major activities is given at sub-clause 2.14 of this section for the purpose of guidance only. The planning of resources may be done at least to meet these requirements.
- Suitable/preferred type of soil for embankment is not available in close proximity of the proposed new line. The bidder may ascertain availability and lead/lift involved before quoting his rates.
Average Annual Construction Turnover:
- Minimum average annual construction turnover in equivalent INR 378.39 Crores Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three financial years (refer note below the table).
Contracts of Similar Size and Nature:
- Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least One contract with a value of at least INR 340.55 Cr. that has been successfully or is substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for submission of the bids, and that is similar to the proposed work.
- The similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Execution of minimum quantity of 12.70 Lakh CUM of Earthwork/blanketing/sub base in railway/road formations/runways/taxiway system of airports/dams/canals/Power plants, through single contract.
- Execution of bridge work consisting of construction and launching of PSC girders/Slabs and/or Composite girders of 12.2 M or longer spans with total length of such spans being 316M or more through single contract, or
- Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least Two contracts, each with a value of at least INR 198.66 Cr. that have been successfully or are substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for the submission of the bids, and that are similar to the proposed work.
- Each similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Execution of minimum quantity of 6.35 Lakh CUM of Earthwork/blanketing/sub base in railway/road formations/runways/taxiway system of airports/dams/canals/power plants through each contract.
- Execution of bridge work consisting of construction and launching of PSC girders/Slabs and/or Composite girders of 12.2M or longer spans with total length of such spans being 158M or more through each contract.
Tender documents can be downloaded from website https://rvnl.org/active-tenders-new
Source: RVNL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Piyush goyal office- Twitter