Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has invited bids for Installation and linking of BG railway track, P. way material supply, track ballast supply, mobile flash butt welding of joints and all other associated P-way works (excluding supply of rails, line/ordinary wider base PSC sleepers) in section between Janghai (excluding) to Phaphamau (excluding) in connection with doubling of 46.79 km railway track in Janghai-Phaphamau section on Lucknow Division of Northern Railway in Jaunpur/Prayagraj Districts of Uttar Pradesh, being executed under CPM/RVNL/Lucknow.
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL_LKO_PFM-JNH_E-476
- Name of Work: Installation and linking of BG railway track, P. way material supply, track ballast supply, mobile flash butt welding of joints and all other associated P-way works (excluding supply of rails, line/ordinary wider base PSC sleepers) in section between Janghai (excluding) to Phaphamau (excluding) in connection with doubling of 46.79 km railway track in Janghai-Phaphamau section on Lucknow Division of Northern Railway in Jaunpur/Prayagraj Districts of Uttar Pradesh, being executed under CPM/RVNL/Lucknow.
- Estimated Cost: INR 127.76 Crore
- EMD: INR 02 Crore
- Period Of Work: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 31st May, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 26th June, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 31st May, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 26th June, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 26th June, 2023
Scope of Work:
- The subject work is in connection with doubling work between Janghai to Phaphamau section, about 46.79 km, under Lucknow Division of Northern Railway. Aforesaid project is being executed by Project Implementation Unit PlU Lucknow of Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL). This route is covered under the DFC feeder route.
- This work pertains to Installation and linking of BG railway track, P-way material supply, Track Ballast supply, Mobile Flash Butt Welding of joints and all other associated P-way works (excluding supply of rails, line/ordinary wider base PSC sleepers) in section between Janghai (excluding) to Phaphamau (excluding) is connection with doubling of 46.79 km Railway track in daughai-Phaphamau section on Lucknow Division of Northern Railway in Jaunpur/Prayagraj Districts of Uttar Pradesh, being executed under CFM/RVNL/Lucknow.”
- The subject work area is situated between Janghai – Baryaram- Ugrasenpur-Phulpur – Saraichandi- Tharwai- Phaphamau stations in Jaunpur / Prayagraj Districts of Uttar Pradesh. NH-19 crosses the aforesaid Railway track between Sarai Chandi- Tharwai section.
- Further NH-31913 crosses the aforesaid Railway track between Sarai Chandi-Phulpur section. The work jurisdiction is connected at various locations from aforesaid national highways through State highway/ Districts roads/ Village roads connection to level crossings; these are total IS MI level crossings in above project length.
- However, the bidder is advised to check the accessibility of aforesaid proposed doubling work, by himself and no afterward justification will be accepted on this account. Phaphamau Jagbani section is a part of the vital link connecting Allahabad with Varanasi in the northern region. Apart from passenger/goods traffic, the proposed line will be helpful to development of the surrounding regions.
- Total route length of the proposed doubling is 46.79 km. The proposed doubling has 7 (seven) stations which are;
- Janghai (JNH): Chainage- 0.000 km
- Baryaram (BYHA): Chainage- 8.610 km
- Ugrasenpur (URPR): Chainage- 14.620 km
- Phulpur (PLP): Chainage- 23.260 km
- Sharaichandi (SYC): Chainage- 34.640 km
- Tharwai (THW): Chainage- 41.300 km
- Phaphamau (PFM): Chainage- 46.790 km.
Salient features of the proposed doubling are as under:
Phaphamau- Janghai Section
Length of Section
1 in 300
Max. Degree of curvature
No. of Junction Station
DFC feeder route
Ballast Quarry in the area:
- The source of supply of ballast in the tendered work shall be from Kabraitlhansi Ballast quarries only in order to get consistent supply of required good quality of ballast strictly confirming to RDSO’s Specification 1RS-GE-I, June-2004 with updated correction slips.
- Along with bill, copy of necessary mineral eh:titans from authorised authority will be required to be submitted by the Contractor in order to substantiate evidence regarding procurement of ballast from “Kabrai / Thansi” ballast quarry.
- No request will be considered by RVNL for procurement of ballast other than the aforementioned ballast quarry. Therefore, contractors must do cost calculation for procurement of ballast from “Kabrai / .Jhansi” ballast quarry and should quote the rate accordingly.
- The land required for execution of work is available along the alignment. However, the contractor may have to lease the land temporarily for installation of a facility like bitching plant, material storage requirement, office /residential requirement etc. for specific use of the contractor.
- The bidder is advised to make detailed study in this regard and cater for such expenditure in the price quoted and nothing is payable separately.
Approaches to the project site:
- Aforesaid project section is connected with National Highway /State Highway /Di Nct Roads Nillage Roads through 13 (thirteen) level crossings.
- The work jurisdiction is connected to National Highway-730 through village roads; there are 13 level crossings in the section.
- However, temporary approach roads may be required to carry out the work effectively and expeditiously. The contractor shall plan for approach roads to the various sites of work execution, should include the cost of inputs for any such approach roads in his bid for the work.
- Infect, approaches to various work sites in the project area may have to be done along the existing embankment, at Contractor’s own cost and nothing is payable separately.
Scope of Work fas per BOO, Bid Conditions. Specifications and Special Conditions:
The scope of work broadly includes the following major works:
- Dismantling of existing 60/52/90R/75R kg Track structure as per respective BOQ item serial no. 25 [5026: a,b,c,d,e], as per approved drawings, site requirement, instructed by Engineer.
Supply of P-way Components:
- Supply of P-way fitting / components (other than steel items) like GFN Liners, SEJs, Guard Rails, Check Rails, PSC sleepers for Bridges, PSC Sleepers for bridge approaches, SC Sleepers for SET, PSC turnouts Sleepers (1 in 8,5, l in 12, DS/Track), Grooved Rubber Sole Plates etc. as per details under BOQ Schedule 4A (1).
- Supply of P-way components (steel hems) like Elastic Rail Clips, Combination Metal Liners, 1 in 12 60 kg Overriding Switch, 60 kg CMS Crossings, 60 kg Improved SEJ etc. as per details given under BOQ Schedule 4B (1).
- All P-way materials shall be procured only from suppliers included in part I list of RDSO approved suppliers for the particular item. Where such list is not maintained by RDSO, prior approval of the source of supply shall be obtained from the Employer.
- All P-way materials shall be inspected by the Inspecting Authority as prevalent over zonal railway for the particular material. However, Employer reserves the right to nominate any authority or its own representative to inspect the material.
- Payment of inspection charges shall be borne by the Contractor and same should be included in contract price quoted. Nothing is payable separately on top of ‘inspection charges’.
- If the rails required for manufacture of the finished material are to be issued free of cost by the Employer, as specified in the description of item, the Employer shall issue such rails from the project area. The quoted rates include cost of handling and transportation of rails to the manufacturer workshop and finished material from the manufacturer’s workshop to the site of work.
- Supply of P-way components as per Schedule 4A [I] and 4B  of BOQ includes supply of finished products, which includes fabrication of the same in all respects. As far as payment for erection/fixing in position hi track of supplied P-way components like check rails, guard rails, SEJs etc. are concerned, this is covered under relevant BOQ item serial no. 8 [5007B3 and 9 [5008: a,b,c] pertaining to installation of BG track and turnouts respectively,
- Transportation of 60 kg/52 kg/90 UTS new rails and PSC line sleepers etc. including loading and unloading complete. These rails and sleepers are already available with the Employer in/nearby project area and the same will be transported by the Contractor for laying in position in track, as per respective BOQ item serial no 29 , 29 (i) [5031a], 29 (11) [5031b], 29 (111) [5031c] and 6, b(i) [51:106a], b(ii) [5006b] respectively.
- Installation and linking of main line BG track with new 60 kg/52 kg rails and 60 kg PSC line sleepers and loop lines tracks with new/second hand 60 kg/52 kg rails and 60 kg/52 kg PSC fine sleepers as per respective BOQ item serial no 8 [5007B].
- Installation of PSC fan-shaped turnouts, derailing switches etc as per respective BOQ items 9(0[5008a], 9(ii) [5008c] & 9(iii) [5008c].
- Flash Butt Welding of 60kg/52 kg single rails/three rail panels by deploying Mobile Flash Butt Welding Plants to make long welded rails, as per respective BOQ item serial no. 15  and as per “Manual for Flash Butt Welding of Rails (Revised, January-2012) with latest correction slips. The nature of work broadly includes the following:
- Flash Butt Welding by ItDSO approved Mobile Flash Butt Welding Plants
- Handling /re-handling of rails
- Opening of rails and re-fixing of rails of track
- Cutting of rails if required
- Grinding of joints
- Marking of joints as per Flash Butt Welding Manual
- Painting of joints & other related works
- Testing of samples as per IR FB manual
- The track gauge throughout except in sharp curves shall be 1673 mm measured between gauge faces, 14 mm below mil top surfaces perpendicular to the centre line of the track. In all main line & yard line track, (excluding turnouts, crossovers, diamond crossings and derailing switches) rails shall be laid with 1;20 inward rail slope.
- The Contractor shall take due cognisance of his proposed rail jointing system and the rail fastening assembly spacing in the selection of the appropriate length of welded rail panels. Rails shorter than the minimum length shall only be permitted in the following locations: To permit a welded rail joint to be located between two adjacent fastenings to avoid supported joints.
- To permit the inside fish plated rail joint on curves to be radial to the joint on the outside rail of the curve. Closure rails between plain track, prefabricated components and turnouts. Approved manufactured items.
- Closure rails at track terminations. The minimum closure rail length in a plain line shall be 6 metres except for specific locations and components as noted within this Specification or as shown on the Drawings or as approved by the Engineer.
- The contractor shall lay the bridge approach sleepers with appropriate sleeper of the correct RDSO number and at specified spacings. If this is not done, the flaring end of the guard rails cannot be fitted with specified fittings.
- In such an eventuality, the Contractor should make his own arrangements for either locating the correct sleepers and replacing or drilling requisite holes in the laid sleepers and fixing the specified dowels at his own cost. Nothing extra will be paid for this.
- All rail joints throughout in the main lines including turnouts except at Glued Instil Rail Joints, shall be welded, except where fish plated joints are necessitated.
- The welding of free rails of standard lengths into short welded rail panels and long welded / continuously welded rail panels for main lines and yard shall be by adoption of Flash Butt Welding process.
- Alumino Thermic Welding of rail joints shall only be used in exceptional circumstances, where Flash Butt Welding process cannot be adopted, that too with prior approval of the Engineer. Temporary joints between rails shall be by fish plates & clamps without drilling of holes in rails.
- All the welded joints for welding less than 13 in rail length shall have prior approval of the Engineer.
Locations of Welds:
- The distance between any two consecutive welds should be a minimum of 6 m; for any deviation to this, specific approval of the Engineer shall be required in each case.
Long Welded Rails:
- Long welded rail panels (LWR) shall generally be a minimum of about 130 m. Shorter panels shall only be permitted when dictated by site conditions / site constraints and as approved by the Engineer.
- Contracts of Similar Size and Nature;
- Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least One contract that has been successfully or is substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for submission of the bids, and that is similar to the proposed work.
- The similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Execution of (0.350 kms i.e. 22.925 kms. (where 0- quantity track linking work) of track linking through a single contract, or
- Execution as contractor, or subcontractor, at least Two contracts, each that have been successfully or are substantially completed within the last Seven years before the deadline for the submission of the bids, and that are similar to the proposed work. Each similar work here shall be that which includes at least any one of the quantities of key activities mentioned below:
- Execution of (0.20 km i.e. 13.10 Iong)
Source: RVNL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DFCCIL