The first train into the recently commissioned Gajwel Railway station has been received on 29th June, 2022. This is also the first freight train to be operated in the Manoharabad – Gajwel section. The Gajwel Station located in Hyderabad Division of South Central Railway has been permitted for commencement of freight operations i.e., loading and unloading of bagged consignments recently.
- As part of it, the first rake of 21 BCN wagons containing fertilisers booked from Kakinada has arrived at Gajwel station and is placed for unloading at Gajwel Goods shed, marking the commencement of the freight operations in the station. 1,844 tons of fertilisers have been transported through the first rake that has arrived at Gajwel station.
- Gajwel station is the important station in Telangana state, which is constructed as part of a new railway line between Manoharabad – Kothapalli new railway line project. The first phase of a new railway line between Manoharabad – Gajwel for a distance of 31 Kms has been completed and commissioned in June, 2020, while work is progressing in the remaining sections.
- The freight operations at Gajwel station helps in catering the needs of freight customers to transport their consignments so as to improve their business avenues. This also helps in moving the essential items like food grains and fertilisers to the surrounding areas of the station in fast and economic means.
- The long cherished dream of people residing in Medak and Siddipet districts will fructify once the entire rail line is completed which acts as a short and convenient route towards Karimnagar.
- The initial rake has been loaded with fertilisers with a tonnage of 1844 tonnes from Nagarjuna Fertilisers and Chemicals Siding, Kakinada yesterday and has reached Gajwel station today i.e., 27th June, 2022. The distance covered by this goods train is 632 Kms.
Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager In-charge, South Central Railway, has complimented both Hyderabad Division and Construction Organisation along with their teams for developing Gajwel Station to commence freight operations. He stated that this would help in promoting freight transportation between the surrounding areas and different parts of the country in both directions.
Source: South Central Railway -Press Release