The Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited (KRDCL) has recently issued Letter of Acceptance to M/s. Sakthi Development Coy for the work of Geotechnical investigations along the corridor between Thiruvananthapuram to Thrissur and Geological & Geophysical surveys at Tunnel sections between Thiruvananthapuram to Kasaragod for Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor (Silver Line).
- Tender No: KRDCL/118/R1/2020
- Work Completion Period: 110 days
About the project:
- The Semi High-Speed Rail (SHSR) corridor, called ‘Silverline’, will enable running of trains at an operational speed of 200 kmph.
- This will facilitate trains to reach Kasaragod in 4 hours from the state capital.
- The alignment of the SHSR corridor is same as that was approved earlier as part of the feasibility report, except for some minor modifications of plus or minus 10 to 50 metres to avoid religious/heritage structures, according to the DPR.
- The 529.45 km long SHSR line is expected to be completed by 2025 with the work starting this year.
- 52% of the total cost will be raised as loan and the remaining expenditure will be met by the Centre and the state government and by participation of financial institutions.
- The SHSR corridor will have 11 stations including Cochin airport and would give a big boost to tourism in the state.
- The project is a joint venture of the Ministry of Railways and Kerala Government.
- EMU Type trains of 9 cars with a seating capacity of 675 are to be operated on the line, as per the release.
- There will be business class and standard class seats on coaches.
Source: KRDCL-Tender Update