Shri Chittaranjan Swain has taken over as the new Additional General Manager, Central Railway, Mumbai. He succeeds Shri Alok Singh, who has superannuated from the Railway Service on 31st October 2023.
Shri Chittaranjan Swain has taken over as the Additional General Manager, Central Railway, Mumbai. Prior to this, he was Principal Chief Operations Manager, Western Railway. Shri Chittaranjan Swain succeeds Shri Alok Singh, who has superannuated from the Railway service on 31st October 2023.
- An officer from Indian Railway Traffic Service 1989 Batch, Shri Chittaranjan Swain has vast and rich experience of railway working in various Zonal Railways in various capacities,
- He has worked in various posts such as Divisional Operating Manager, Adra Division of South Eastern Railway,
- Senior Divisional Operations Manager at Khurda Road, East Coast Railway, Chakradharpur Division, South Eastern Railway and Bilaspur division, South East Central Railway,
- Dy. Chief Operating Manager (Goods), Bhubaneswar, East Coast Railway,
- Chief Freight Operations Manager, Bilaspur, South East Central Railway,
- Chief Transportation Planning Manager, Secunderabad, South Central Railway and Western Railway.
Shri Chittaranjan Swain, an expert in Train Operations, in his distinguished career has studied the Passenger Business Management in Japan and underwent training in Long haul operations in China and one-year training on Logistic Management Freight Operation at Germany.
Source: Central Railway- Press Release | Image Credit: Central Railway