Shri Ram Karan Yadav has been appointed as new General Manager of Central Railway from 01st December, 2023 onwards. He is an officer of the Indian Railways Service of Engineers (IRSE) of 1986 batch, He succeeds Shri Naresh Lalwani.
Shri Ram Karan Yadav, Before taking over as General Manager, Central Railway, he was working as Director General, Indian Railways Institute Of Civil Engineering (IRICEN), Pune.
He has done his BE (Civil) with Honors from IIT Roorkee and received Uttar Pradesh P.W.D. Centenary Gold Medal and University Silver Medal for standing first in Transportation Engineering. He did his M.Tech (Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering) from IIT Delhi.
At Western Railway:
- As Chief Administrative Officer (Construction) on Western Railway, he achieved the highest ever commissioning of New Line, Gauge Conversion and doubling on WR in a year. Work on the 6th line between Khar and Borivali on Western Railway Mumbai suburban also picked up pace during his tenure. Work on major Station Development of Udhna, Sabarmati and Bhuj also commenced.
At North Eastern Railway:
- As Chief administrative Officer (Construction) on North Eastern Railway he has Commissioned 245 KM of Railway Electrification, 53 km of Doubling with Electrification and 42 km of Gauge Conversion.
- Out of this 125 KM of Electrification was commissioned in one go which is the highest ever achievement by any construction unit of Indian Railways. After critical review of various ongoing projects of Doubling and Gauge Conversion a saving of more than Rs 350 Cr was achieved.
At Central Railway:
- As Chief Project Director (Station Development) on Central Railway he was involved in development and approval of plan of Intermodal Station at Ajni, Nagpur, Integration of station with Metro station at Ghatkopar, planning of remodelling of Thane, Kalyan and CSMT Mumbai Stations and monetization of railway land at Matunga.
- While working as Divisional Railway Manager, Bhusawal led a multidisciplinary team of more than 17000 staff. Apart from overall improvements in infrastructure and operational parameters he has taken removal of encroachments from Railway land as a mission and succeeded in removal of 80% of the encroachments from Railway land on the division.
- In one of the biggest drive of removal of encroachments on Indian Railways carried out from 15th to 17th Nov 2018, more than 3000 houses (hutment/Pucca houses) and approximately 350 shops were removed from Railway’s land at Bhusawal and more than 120 acres of precious land was reclaimed.
- In March, 2019 he received the Leadership & Performance Excellence award from the Minister of Railways for providing strong leadership and performance excellence directed towards improving delivery on Indian Railways as Divisional Railway Manager, Bhusawal.
- While working as head of the Property Business Department of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) total earning of Property Business Cell increased from Rs 158.88 Cr (during 2014-15) to Rs 230.78 Cr (During 2016-17) i.e. 45% increase.
- Earning (NFR) of Airport Line increased from Rs 10.27 Cr (During 2014-15) to Rs 40 Cr (during year 2016-17), thus taking out operationally loss making Airport Metro Line to operationally profit making line.
- He has also worked as Chief Engineer (Construction) on Eastern Railway and executed New Line and Doubling works. As GM/Urban Transport/RITES Mumbai he has carried out feasibility studies of Elevated Corridor along Western Railway suburban routes. He has worked as an Independent Safety Officer in execution of Mumbai Metro One.
Source: Central Railway- Press Release | Image Credit: Central Railway