Shri Shantanu Roy has been appointed as the new Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) at BEML Limited, a Defence Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Defence, with the effect from 1st August, 2023.
- Prior to assuming his present position, Shri Shantanu Roy assumed the charge as Director (Mining and Construction Business) on 17th Feb, 2023 at BEML. He was Executive Director and was responsible for International Business Division, Strategy & New initiatives, Coordination and northern region operations.
- He is a Graduate in Electrical Engineering from NIT Raipur and an MBA in Financial Management. He has more than 30 years of extensive experience in the capital goods sectors for Defence, Mining & Construction, Transportation, Transmission, Renewable and large power projects.
- A Six sigma Black Belt certified professional and widely travelled, he is adept at various models of project financing, mechanisms and processes for financial closure of large projects, international laws, arbitration rules, international legal & arbitration cases and statutory & Legal Compliances.
About BEML Limited:
- BEML Limited (formerly Bharat Earth Movers Limited) was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for manufacture of Rail Coaches & Spare Parts and Mining Equipment at its Bangalore Complex.
- The Company has partially disinvested and presently Government of India owns 54 percent of total equity and the rest 46 percent is held by Public, Financial Institutions, Foreign Institutional Investors, Banks and Employees.
- BEML Limited, a ‘Schedule-A’ Company, plays a pivotal role and serves India’s core sectors like Defence, Rail, Power, Mining and Infrastructure.
- The Company operates under three major Business verticals viz., Mining & Construction, Defence and Rail & Metro.
- The three verticals are serviced by nine manufacturing units located at Bangalore, Kolar Gold Fields (KGF), Mysore, Palakkad and Subsidiary – Vignyan Industries Ltd, in Chikmagalur District.