Shri Suneet Sharma – Chairman & CEO, Railway Board visited Western Railway Headquarters at Churchgate, Mumbai on 7th November, 2021. He chaired the review meeting with Shri Alok Kansal – General Manager of Western Railway, Principal Head of the Departments and Divisional Railway Manager of Mumbai Central Division. GM WR Shri Alok Kansal presented CRB & CEO with a frame of Tenets of Philosophy along with a memento to commemorate the visit.
- The Tenets of Philosophy summarizes aspects such as “Rashtra Pratham, Sarvada Pratham”, “Antyodaya” (Inclusive Development), “Samajik Samarasta” (Social Harmony), Zero Tolerance and Hungry for Cargo.
- According to a press release issued by Shri Sumit Thakur – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, a presentation was made to the Chairman regarding various ongoing projects/developments and achievements of Western Railway.
- Shri Sharma reviewed the performance of Business Development Units of WR and applauded the efforts & the commitment displayed by the Railway towards enhancing freight traffic, with a dictum of ‘Hungry for Cargo’.
- The Chairman in his address lauded the efforts & achievements of Western Railway and exhorted officers to focus on safety, as well as enhanced staff welfare measures.
- Various ongoing infrastructure project such as New Line, Gauge Conversion, Doubling, etc. was discussed at length.
- Shri Sharma emphasized that all construction projects should be expedited, including station redevelopment.He also pressed upon the need on rationalizing of expenditure.
- After the meeting Shri Sharma inspected the newly constructed Public Grievance Centre at Churchgate station.
- He also reviewed the Crew Lobby and Tranquility Room at Churchgate provided for motormen and guards.
- Shri Sharma then travelled by suburban local in a second class compartment from Churchgate to Mumbai Central station.
- During his travel he interacted with the passengers and garnered their views. Thereafter, he inspected the waiting room, as well as visited the Urban Pod, a sophisticated, state-of-the-art Retiring Rooms, located at Mumbai Central station. After his visit at Mumbai Central station, Shri Sharma went to the DRM Office and inaugurated the Unified Command and Control Centre (UCCC).
- The UCCC of Mumbai Division is a unique initiative on Indian Railways, which encompasses several advanced & state of the art features.
- Shri Sharma was impressed with the UCCC and was full of praises for this advanced technology.
- Lacing a floor area of 587 sq.m. the UCCC is designed aesthetically with ergonomic features and modern, state of art ambience.
Few salient features of the Unified Command and Control Centre (UCCC) at Mumbai Central Division:
- Integrates Information Systems across the core functions of Railways.
- UCCC also unifies, through dedicated communications and IT application packages, the dispersed geographical control jurisdictions of Mumbai Central Control; Valsad Control Area and Nandurbar Control Area.
- UCCC provides for a Centralized Event Management System, including monitoring, remote management and troubleshooting of the 2700+ CCTV network being developed under the Integrated Surveillance System on the Mumbai Suburban system.
- UCCC has a seamless facility for Disaster Management with streaming information on almost every aspect of relevance, including flooding, rainfall, trespassing, and communication with various agencies.
While viewing the UCCC system, Shri Sharma appreciated the command centre as it enables data collection, data monitoring and taking real time decisions work improving the safety and resource optimization. He also appreciated the efforts made by the officers & staff and encouraged all to keep up the good work.
Source: Western Railway-Press Release