Siemens Limited, as part of a consortium along with Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), has secured an order from Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for electrification of Mumbai Metro Line 2B.
- Siemens Limited’s share as part of the consortium is Rs. 228 crore and RVNL’s share is Rs. 149 crore. Siemens Limited will manufacture, install and commission rail electrification solutions and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, covering 20 stations and one depot. RVNL will be commissioning Receiving Substations (RSS) solutions.
Shri Gunjan Vakharia, Head of Mobility Business, Siemens Limited, said, “We are delighted to partner MMRDA in electrifying Mumbai Metro Line 2B with state-of-the-art technologies. The development of Mumbai Metro Line 2B project will play a key role in enhancing transportation infrastructure in the city. Mass transit solution is crucial for sustainable development of cities like Mumbai which will address the needs of both passengers and rail operators. We thank MMRDA for bestowing Siemens with this prestigious project.”
About Siemens Limited:
- Siemens Limited is a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport as well as transmission and generation of electrical power.
- From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to cleaner and more comfortable transportation, the company creates technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
- By combining the real and the digital worlds, Siemens empowers its customers to transform their industries and markets, to transform the everyday for people. Siemens Limited is the flagship listed company of Siemens AG in India.
- As of September 30, 2022, Siemens Limited had Revenue from continuing operations of Rs. 14,832 crore and 8,317 employees.
Source: Siemens- Press Release | Image Credit: Siemens