South Central Railway’s General Manager, Shri Arun Kumar Jain inaugurated the upgraded coach maintenance facility (pit line) at Secunderabad Railway Station. Shri Bhartesh Kumar, Divisional Railway Manager, Secunderabad Division, Senior Railway officials and staff members were also present on the occasion.
- As part of capacity enhancement works, South Central Railway has been undertaking construction of coach maintenance facilities at important Railway stations across the zone to facilitate the maintenance activity of passenger coaches.
- Secunderabad railway station is one of the major junction stations on SCR located in the capital City region of Telangana State with several passenger trains originating and terminating at the station on a daily basis. Earlier, the pit line at the washing siding was in non-standard condition leading to difficulty in full rake maintenance.
- Accordingly, keeping in view the requirement for latest and standard maintenance facilities even at washing siding in Secunderabad station and also to ensure effective and safe maintenance of passenger trains, the construction of upgraded coach maintenance facility was undertaken with a cost of approximately Rs. 17 crores.
- The coach maintenance facility at the washing side – II has been upgraded as per the Centre for Advanced Maintenance Technology (CAMTECH) designs to facilitate safe examination of rake during primary maintenance of coaching trains at the Secunderabad station depot.
- The upgraded facility enables maintenance of around 26 coaches at one go. In addition, proper lighting and drainage facilities have also been provided at the pit line to ensure effective and proper maintenance of passenger coaches.
Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager, South Central Railway appreciated the team of Secunderabad division for undertaking the upgradation of the coach maintenance facility. He stated that the upgraded pit line facility will ensure highest standards for maintenance of coaches and will facilitate operation of passenger train services more effectively. The enhanced facilities provided here will help in meeting the expectations of the rail users for a comfortable travel experience.
Source: South Central Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: South Central Railway