Share with your network
Shri B.G. Mallya, General Manager, Southern Railway conducted the statutory annual inspection of Jolarpettai-Erode Section in Salem Division. Shri A. G. Srinivas, Divisional Railway Manager of Salem Division, Principal Heads of Departments, Officers and Senior Supervisors from HQRS and Salem Division accompanied the General Manager during the annual inspection.
- The inspection started from Tirupattur station where the General Manager inspected the working and surrounding area. At Tiruppattur Railway Station, a new advertisement branding of Locomotive was unveiled as part of product promotion in the division. Loco Branding has become a popular mode of Advertisement in Indian Railways in recent times.
- During the inspection, a speed trial was conducted between Tirupattur – Morappur stations (48 km stretch). The inspection special clocked a speed of 121 kmph which was a testimony to the good condition of track, signalling and other parameters.
- On the way to Salem Shri B. G. Mallya inspected Morappur, Bommidi, Lokkur stations. He inspected a lift, the newly developed garden, Junior Engineer/Permanent Way offices, Gang Rest Rooms, newly erected Solar Panels, Inspection of Level crossing gates, Traction substations, Rain water harvesting etc.
- He inspected the various engineering works undertaken in the section for strengthening of tracks and appreciated the efforts of the various departments especially the technical staff for their meritorious work. Moving further, the General Manager and Officers team inspected a major bridge No.206 at Km 308/30-32 and minor bridges, curves and points in the section. He also interacted with the Gang Staffs and enquired about their welfare and solicited their cooperation in safe running of trains.
- On reaching Salem Station, a thorough inspection of various passenger amenities, Crew lobby, running rooms, inauguration of Automatic Ticket Vending Machine (ATVM) and Electronic Leak Detection testing/training centre. Various Utilities such as BMI Kiosk, Station App, and Gang restroom, New Senior Sectional Engineer/Permanent Way office etc were commissioned during the inspection.
- He also visited the Salem Railway colony and Annex building at Salem Divisional office and inspected the works review module developed by the Accounts department. Later the General Manager also released Booklets on Operating, Accounts, Personnel and Safety posters.
- Later during the day, Shri B. G. Mallya along with the team of officers conducted a speed trial from Salem to Sankaridurg (38 km stretch) and on his way to Erode inspected the major ongoing track renewal works in the section. He inspected the major bridge No.322 at Km 376/22-24 and minor bridges, LC gates, in the Anangur- Kaveri – Erode Stretch.
- After reaching Erode station, the General Manager inspected the Railway Hospital, dedicated/inaugurated new facilities and interacted with the Doctors and Paramedical staff. A working model of Centre Buffer Coupling and Failure Indication and Brake Application system and its application in LHB coaches were commissioned at Multi Disciplinary Divisional Training Institute, Erode. He visited Diesel loco shed, electric loco shed at Erode and its various capabilities and commmissioned newly inducted machinery in the shed.
- Shri B.G. Mallya also interacted with Elected representatives, Passenger Associations, Commuters and Press and Media at various railway stations enroute and received their representations.
- The General Manager appreciated the works done by various departments, staffs and gave cash awards to outstanding employees for their dedicated and sincere service during the inspection.
Source: Southern Railway -Press Release | Image Credit: Southern Railway
Be the first to comment