Share with your network
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government in its Budget 2020-21, presented in the state Assembly on Tuesday, has laid emphasis on developing metro networks, airports and expressways. An arrangement of Rs 358 crore is proposed for Kanpur Metro Rail Project.
- Also, Rs 286 crore proposed for Agra Metro Rail Project.
- Besides, there are proposals for Metro Rail projects in Gorakhpur and other cities and an arrangement of Rs 200 crore is proposed for the purpose.
- Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna said in his budget speech,”Metro rail service is available in Lucknow, Ghaziabad and Noida. Work of Regional Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut is in progress. An arrangement of Rs 900 crore made for it.”
- Under the aegis of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC), the civil construction work of Kanpur Metro Project is on-going with exceptional pace.
- The construction work of the Kanpur Metro project is being executed faster than the Lucknow Metro project.
- Lucknow Metro project has the distinction of being the fastest constructed and executed Metro Project in the country and the work of Kanpur Metro is being done faster than Lucknow Metro.
- The construction work of 8.9 Km priority corridor from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur to Moti Jheel is ongoing at rapid pace.
Be the first to comment