- Tender Reference Number: GMRC/CONS/DC 02/SURAT/PH-1/2022
- Name of Work: Construction of Bhesan Depot Cum Workshop includes DCC, BCC and Associated E&M works under Corridor -C2, Bhesan to Saroli, for Surat Metro Rail Project Phase -1, DC-2.
- Accepted Contract Amount: Approx. INR 198,93,34,549.77 Crore
- Work Completion Period: 20 Months
In April this year, the GMRC invited a tender for Tender Number: GMRC/CONS/DC 02/SURAT/PH-1/2022
- Work experience of only substantial partners (partner with a share of 26% or more in the JV / Consortium) shall be considered for evaluating the JV/Consortium. Lead partner must have a minimum of 26% participation in the JV/Consortium. Each other partner should have a minimum of 20% participation in the JV/Consortium. The lead partner in case of JV/Consortium, shall be one who has experience of executing at least one “similar work” of value of INR 80 crore or more similar in nature as defined in clause 1.2.4 (b) of Section -III.
- A management contractor is a firm which takes on the role of contract management as a “general” contractor of sort could do. It does not normally perform directly the work(s) associated with the Contract. Rather, it manages the work of other (sub) contractors while bearing full responsibility and risk for price, quality, and timely performance of the contract.
- The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology and/or other characteristics described in Section VI, Employer’s Requirements. Summation of the number of small value Contracts (less than the value specified under requirement) to meet the overall requirement will not be accepted.
- Value of a successfully completed portion of any ongoing work up to the last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission will also be considered for qualification of work experience criteria, provided at least 70% of the Contract value of work is completed. The details to be furnished in Exp. 4.2 (B) along with the Engineer / Employer’s certificate and other requisite details as mentioned in NIT/Tender Document. The Engineer / Employer’s certificate for ongoing works should not be older than three months from the tender submission date. For completed works, value of work done shall be updated to the last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission price level assuming 5% inflation for Indian Rupees every year and 2% for foreign currency portions per year. The exchange rate of foreign currency shall be applicable 28 days before the submission date of tender.
- Substantial completion shall be based on 70% or more works completed under the Contract.
- For contracts under which the Bidder participated as a JV member, only the Bidder’s share, by value, shall be considered to meet this requirement. In case of a JV, the value of Contracts completed by its members shall not be aggregated to determine whether the requirement of the minimum value of a single Contract has been met. Instead, each Contract performed by each member shall satisfy the minimum value of a single Contract as required for single entity. In determining whether the JV meets the requirement of total number of Contracts, only the number of Contracts completed by all members each of value equal or more than the minimum value required shall be aggregated.
- For Contracts under which the Bidder participated as a JV member or Subcontractor, only the Bidder’s share shall be counted to meet this requirement.
- The tenderer shall submit details of works executed by them in the Form EXP 4.2(b) for the works to be considered for qualification of work experience criteria. Documentary proof of completion certificates from client clearly indicating the nature/scope of work, actual completion cost and actual date of completion for such work should be submitted. The offers submitted without this documentary proof shall not be evaluated. In case the work is executed for private client, copy of work order, bill of quantities, bill wise details of payment received certified by C.A., T.D.S certificates for all payments received and copy of final/last bill paid by client shall also be submitted. The offers submitted without this documentary proof shall not be evaluated.
- In case of Joint venture / consortium, full value of the work, if done by the same joint venture shall be considered. If the qualifying work(s) were done by them in JV/consortium having different constituents then the value of work as per their percentage participation in such JV/Consortium shall be considered.
- In case of JV/Consortium, change in constitution or percentage participation shall not be permitted at any stage after their submission of application otherwise the applicant shall be treated as non-responsive.
- Participation by Subsidiary Company / Parent Company with credential of other Company.
- Applicant in the capacity of a Subsidiary Company as a single entity is not permitted to use the credential of its Parent Company and/or its Sister Subsidiary Company/ Companies unless the Applicant participates in tender as JV/Consortium with its Parent Company and/or its Sister Subsidiary Company/ Companies as a member(s) in JV/Consortium with minimum 26% participation each (as substantial member) forsuch member(s).
- Applicant in the capacity of a Parent Company as a single entity is not permitted to use the credential of its Subsidiary Company/ Companies unless the Applicant participates in tender as JV/Consortium with its Subsidiary Company/ Companies as a member(s) in JV/Consortium with minimum 26% participation each (as substantial member) for such member(s).
About Surat Metro Rail Project:
- Surat with a population of around 60 lakhs is the fastest growing city in India.
- The city has no Mass Rapid Transportation System (MRTS), thus GoI and GoG decided to provide an MRTS facility in Surat.
- Phase-I of Surat Metro Rail Project, with a total length of 40.35 kms comprises two corridors.
- Length of Corridor-1 is 21.61 kms and Corridor-2 is 18.74 kms with an estimated completion cost of project Rs.12,020 crore.
- The Project has two distinct corridors, with double track as under:
|Corridor-1 Sarthana to Dream City
|Corridor-2 Bhesan to Saroli
Corridor-1: Sarthana to Dream city: This corridor provides metro connectivity to Gadhpur Township, Sarthana Nature Park, Nana Varachhe village, Kalakunj Junction, Kapodra and Punavillage, Labheshwar Chowk area, Big Diamond Market (Mini Bazar) of Surat, Retail Sari Market, Surat Railway Station, Muskati Hospital, Bhagal junction, Gandhi Bagh, Chowk Bazar, Majura Gate, Roopali Canal, Altha Treatment, Althan Gram, VIP road Women IIT,Bhimrad, Convention City and Dream City.
Corridor-2: Bhesan to Saroli: Prominent areas like Bhesan Treatment Plant, International Cricket Stadium, SMC Botanical Garden, Palanpur, LP Savani School, Performing Art Centre, TGB Circle, Aquarium, Badri Narayan Temple, Star Bazar, Tapi River, Athawa Chopati, Majura Gate, UdhanaDarwaja, Kamala Darwaja, Anjana Junction, Parvat Pataya, Magub Village, Bharat Cancer Hospital, Saroli, etc. are connected through this route.
Source: GMRC- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): GMRC