Share with your network
The Sydney Metro is now operational and it utilizes the fully-automated, driverless metro trains which are assembled by Alstom In India .
Growth in Transportation Sector :
- Coaches have been assembled in India .
- This is the first driverless metro line in Australia.
- The contract is for 22 six-coach trains.
- These trains were assembled in Andhra Pradesh .
- In December 2018, Alstom delivered the last of the 22 Metropolis trains for Sydney Metro from Alstom’s Sri City facility in Andhra Pradesh.
- The driverless Sydney Metro trains are fully automated and consist of various modern features including LED lighting, emergency intercoms, CCTV cameras, real-time travel information, double-doors and more.
- Under the contract awarded by Northwest Rapid Transit (NRT) in September 2014, Alstom has been responsible for the project management, design, supply, manufacturing, testing and commissioning of 22 x 6 car Metropolis trains and Urbalis 400 CBTC signaling systems.
- Alstom has also been awarded a 15-year maintenance contract for the trains, signaling, depot operations and equipment.
- The maintenance contract also includes the application of Alstom’s HealthHub state-of-the-art predictive maintenance tools.
This article is a part of our June 2019 Magazine. If you would like to subscribe , Click Here to subscribe .
Be the first to comment