TATA AutoComp, one of the leading Auto Component Players in India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Škoda Group, a leading European manufacturer of components and vehicles for public transport.
- This agreement sets the framework for a strategic joint venture aimed at producing components for the growing Indian railway and public mobility market. TATA AutoComp has significant play in providing systems and components for Electric Vehicles.
- This partnership will further diversify TATA AutoComp’s portfolio and strengthen its capability in Railway, Metro & Bus Segment. TATA AutoComp aims to bring sustainable innovations in mobility solutions at an affordable cost specifically catering to Railway, Metro & Bus Segments in India.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Arvind Goel, Chairman, Tata AutoComp said “Tata AutoComp has always been a pioneer in introducing cutting edge technology to its customers. This association with Škoda Group will further strengthen our presence by bringing the latest electrical equipment and components for the Indian Railway, Metro & Bus market. We take pride in our partnership with Škoda Group, a company steadfastly dedicated to serving global markets with its diverse range of Railway Components”.
- Strengthening Škoda Group’s position on foreign markets and expanding its presence outside Europe – this is one of the goals of the Škoda Group’s business strategy. Through the partnership with a traditional and well-known Indian conglomerate ‘TATA AutoComp’, Škoda Group seeks to tap into India’s potential to deliver shared benefits and accelerate business development.
On a similar note, Mr. Petr Novotný, President Components & Bus Mobility, Škoda Group, said “Our collaboration with TATA AutoComp Systems represents an exciting opportunity to enter the Indian railway and bus public mobility market. India’s great potential, coupled with the skilled workforce and market demand, aligns perfectly with our group’s growth strategy. Together, we will explore new opportunities and create innovative solutions to meet the developing needs of the Indian railway industry.”
- The development and production of electrical equipment and components is one of the strong foundations of the Škoda Group. In addition to supplying its own products, Škoda aims to expand its footprint in the rail and urban transport sectors.
- It designs and manufactures the components to meet key requirements such as high reliability, safety, efficiency, low energy consumption, robustness, low lifecycle costs and maximum environmental friendliness.
- Leveraging TATA AutoComp’s profound expertise within the Indian Railway Market and its notable contributions to the ‘Vande Bharat’ train project, this partnership is set to amplify its influence while materialising a mutually enriching and sustainable collaboration.
About TATA AutoComp:
- TATA AutoComp Systems Limited (TATA AutoComp), a leading auto-component conglomerate, provides products and services to the Indian and Global automotive OEMs as well as Tier 1 suppliers.
- TATA AutoComp, through its various Business Units, manufactures multiple components, systems and aggregates for the Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Two and Three Wheelers, Farm and Off-road Equipment as well as certain Industrial Segments. These products span across the vehicle right from Exteriors, Interiors, Powertrain, Electrification, Electronics and Suspension systems.
- Our portfolio includes Automotive Interior & Exterior Plastics components and aggregates, parts made from Sheet Moulded Composites, BIW; structural parts; aggregates and containers made from Sheet Metal, Engine cooling solutions, Automotive batteries, Rear view mirrors, Park Brake Levers, Gear Shifters, HVAC, Exhaust and emission control systems, Seating systems, Battery Pack, Battery Thermal Management System, Battery Management System, Motors, Controllers, Integrated Drivetrain (Integrated Motor, Inverter and Reducer), EV Chargers and Electronic solutions and Suspensions for heavy commercial vehicles. Additionally, TATA AutoComp has two service units – a Technical Centre and Supply Chain Solutions – that contribute to the company’s overall capabilities. TATA AutoComp has 56 manufacturing facilities spread across India, North America, Latin America, Europe and China.
About Škoda Group:
- The Škoda Group has a tradition of more than 160 years in the field of vehicle production, offering complex solutions for transport in cities and beyond. Core products include trams, electric multiple units, trolleybuses, metro train sets.
- Crucial part of the Škoda’s extensive portfolio are also components that are adapted to the specific design requirements of each vehicle, providing tailor-made solutions for a wide range of vehicles. Year after year, the company introduces new products that not only meet market demands but also set new standards in innovation.
- With its diverse range of public transport solutions and unwavering focus on customer satisfaction, Škoda Group continues to shape the future of transportation, paving the way for smarter, greener, and more efficient mobility solutions.
- Škoda Group produces a range of rail machinery and components, including low floor trams, electric locomotives, suburban train units, metro sets, electric buses and trolleybuses, and control and drive systems for transport systems.
- The Škoda Group employs 8,000 people at several production sites in the Czech Republic and Finland. The Group also has business units in Germany, Italy, Austria, Poland, Hungary, and Ukraine. In 2022, the group achieved revenues of EUR 763.7 million and adjusted EBITDA of EUR 50.2 million. Škoda Group is a part of PPF Group.
Source: TATA- Press Release | Image Credit: TATA