Taural India spearheads localised aluminium casting solutions for Indian Railways. The casting component replaced was earlier imported from Germany. But localization enabled a 50% reduction in speed of delivery.
Taural India, a leading world-class integrated aluminium foundry, proudly announces its collaboration with Indian Railways, marking a significant milestone in the nation’s journey towards self-reliance and technological advancement. The company provided aluminium casting solutions for the recently launched Amrit Bharat Express train in Ayodhya.
Taural India’s indigenization drive has propelled the production of customised Aluminium Gear Cases for WAP5 – a class of Electric locomotives manufactured by Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW), the flagship production unit of Indian Railways. This initiative not only successfully replaced the previously imported aluminium casting components from Germany but also enabled the delivery of the component at 50% reduced speed.
Mr. Bharat Gite, Managing Director and CEO of Taural India, expressed enthusiasm about this significant milestone, stating, “Our association with Indian Railways is a testament to Taural India’s commitment towards innovation, indigenization, and the ‘Make in India’ initiative. We take pride in providing cutting-edge aluminium casting solutions that meet global quality standards without compromising on efficiency or speed of production.”
Taural India’s Technology:
- Taural India has strategically cultivated technical know-how and capabilities within the country, positioning itself as a key player in meeting the specialised requirements of the railway sector.
- With its plant spread across 3,00,000 sq.ft. in Pune, India, the company offers one-stop aluminium sand-casting solutions right from product design to quality testing, painting, product construction, assembly, and delivery.
- Green metals like aluminium produce fewer emissions and are energy efficient in their processing and applications, reducing the carbon footprint during their lifecycle.
- Furthermore, aluminium’s high strength-to-weight ratio, excellent corrosion resistance, design flexibility, recyclability, and enhanced energy efficiency make it a popular choice for the Indian Railway sector.
- The benefits of Taural India’s aluminium casting solutions extend beyond the Railway sector, impacting various industries such as Defence, Marine, Aerospace, Energy, Infrastructure, Healthcare, and Electric Vehicles (EV). A few of their marquee clients include Ordnance factory (Defense), ABB, General Electric, Siemens, and Hyosung, among others.
About Taural India:
- Taural India is a world-class integrated aluminium foundry based in Pune, India, committed to providing cutting-edge aluminium casting solutions across diverse industries and employment to 750+ employees.
- The company is a proud contributor to the “Make in India ” initiative and has positioned itself as a key player in the indigenization of critical components for various sectors, including railways, defence, marine, aerospace, energy, infrastructure, healthcare, and electric vehicles.
Taural India’s successful collaboration with Indian Railways not only underscores its prowess in delivering cutting-edge solutions but also reinforces its dedication to advancing India’s self-reliance goals in critical sectors.
Source: Taural India- Press Release | Images Credit: Taural India
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.