Titagarh Rail Systems Limited has received the Letter of Acceptance for an order for “Design, manufacture, supply, testing, commissioning and training of 30 nos. of standard gauge cars for Ahmedabad Metro Rail Phase-II project”.
- Titagarh Rail Systems Limited has received the Letter of Acceptance from Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited for “Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing, Commissioning and Training of 30 nos. of Standard Gauge Cars for Ahmedabad Metro Rail Phase-II Project”.
- The order value is approximately INR 350 Crore.
- The time period by which the order/contract is to be executed is, the prototype has to be delivered within 70 weeks from LOA and delivery completion is 94 weeks from LOA.
About Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-II:
- The Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-II, having one corridor with a combined length (including Extension) of 26.91 km which include 22.838 km from Motera Stadium to Mahatma Mandir (Corridor-1) and 5.416 km from GNLU to GIFT City (Corridor-2).
- Corridor-1 has 20 stations and Corridor-2 has two stations along the route. All stations are elevated.
- The Surat Metro Rail project Phase I, having two metro rail corridors with a combined length of 40.35 km.
- Total 38 stations are proposed consisting of elevated and underground stations. First corridor is proposed from Sarthana to Dream city Line.
- The length of this corridor will be 21.61 km of which 6.47 km would be underground and the rest 15.14 km will be elevated.
- Second corridor is from Bhesan to Saroli.
- The length of this corridor will be 18.74 km, and will be completely elevated.
- The Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited is being financed from Agence Française de Développement (“AFD”) and Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau (KFW) for Ahmedabad metro Rail Project Phase-II and Surat Metro Rail Project Phase-I.
- As per the requirement, GMRCL needs to Appoint a Third Party Auditor for Rehabilitation and Resettlement activities for both projects.
- As per the draft SIA report, 118 PAFs for Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase II and total 676 households for Surat Metro Rail Phase I, are getting affected due to the Metro Alignment, Station Box, Depots etc.
- The number of affected households/families may vary as per the design if any.
About Titagarh Rail Systems Limited:
- Titagarh Rail Systems Limited is one of the largest private sector manufacturers of railway coaches (EMUs, MEMUs) and the largest wagon maker (other than Railways). It has transformed itself from a wagon maker for Indian Railways to a multinational diversified engineering and fabrication group.
- It has engineering infrastructure spread across Titagarh and Uttarpara in West Bengal; Bharatpur in Rajasthan; and Caserta in Italy.
Source: Titagarh- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): GMRC