Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Ltd. has invited open e-tenders for RFP for developing, setting up, operating and maintaining commercial spaces through licensing at various metro stations of Priority Corridor of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation at Kanpur.
- Tender Reference Number: KNPPD-02
- Name of Work: RFP for developing, setting up, operating and maintaining commercial spaces through licensing at various metro stations of Priority Corridor of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation at Kanpur.
- License Period: 09 Years
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 17th September, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 01st November, 2022
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 13th October, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 24th October, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 01st November, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 02nd November, 2022
- Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC) is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) set up by the Government of Uttar Pradesh and the Government of India as a joint venture. UPMRC has successfully commenced its services on the entire North-South Corridor of Lucknow Metro from 9th March 2019 and has achieved the distinction of being the fastest Metro Project construction for Lucknow Metro which has ever happened in this country.
- UPMRC has also been entrusted with the responsibility of Kanpur and Agra Metro Rail projects and the construction of these metro projects is presently in full swing.
- Opening of the Kanpur Metro Priority stretch on 28.12.2021, consisting of nine stations from IIT Kanpur to Motijheel metro station, has brought a world class travel experience within the reach of residents of Kanpur. On the opening of the full stretch from IIT Kanpur to Naubasta, ‘Ridership’ of Kanpur Metro is projected to be high.
Scope of the Concession:
- The Concessionaire shall use the Location(s) for the sole purpose of developing, operating and maintaining the F&B/Retail Outlet and providing the Services, during the Concession Term and shall ensure that the F&B/Retail Outlets are developed, operated and maintained as per international standards in line with the image envisaged for the UPMRC and in accordance with the Good Industry Practice. The detailed scope and the terms and conditions governing the Concessionaire defined and stipulated in the Concession Agreement.
- The Location(s) will be handed over to the Concessionaire on “as is where is” basis and UPMRC shall not be responsible for its renovation, maintenance and up-keep from the actual date of handing over.
- The Concessionaire is required to maintain the F&B/Retail Outlets, as set out in his Application, efficiently to meet the demands of Metro Stations Users/Consumers at the Metro Stations, at all the Concession Term. The range of products must be comparable both in terms of quality and price as per Good Industry Practices. Concessionaires should provide an adequate number of brands as approved by UPMRC. Multiple stores/ brands may be permitted with proper branding at one location as per approval of UPMRC on a case to case basis.
- The Concessionaire shall be required to comply with the Service Standards for developing, operating and maintaining the F&B/Retail Outlets at the Location(s) and providing the Services. The Bidders are requested to take the same into account prior to submitting the Proposal in response to this RFP.
- Concessionaires will have a nonexclusive right, privilege, and obligation to operate and manage a food and beverage concession for the sale of food and beverage products and services in and from its Assigned Premises.
- At any time during the Term, UPMRC may enter into other agreements with other concessionaires for the operation of food and beverage concessions similar to those of Concessionaire.
- It is understood and agreed that nothing in the RFP or Contract is to be construed to grant or authorize the granting of an exclusive right to an individual Concessionaire.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this RFP, the detailed terms specified in the Concession Agreement shall have overriding effect; provided, however, that any conditions or obligations imposed on the Bidder hereunder shall continue to have effect in addition to its obligations under the Concession Agreement.
Service Standards and other covenants:
- The Concessionaire shall at all times comply with the Service Standards and such other covenants as may be prescribed by UPMRC and as detailed by the Concessionaire in its Proposal for development, operation and maintenance of the F&B/Retail Outlets and providing the Services.
Marketing and Promotional Activities:
- The Concessionaire is required to participate in all sales and promotion programs, display necessary Metro Stations publicity materials, and support all Metro Stations-wide promotions, and any other marketing or promotional activities as may be organized by UPMRC from time to time.
- The Concessionaire agrees to cooperate with UPMRC in use of the Location(s) in relation to such promotional activities.
- The Concessionaire shall, if so required by UPMRC, include UPMRC’s brands/ logos/ tag or in such manner as may be required by UPMRC from time to time.
- Any additional costs incurred in relation to the same including printing costs incurred to print UPMRC’s logo on the carrier bags are to be borne by the Concessionaire.
- The Concessionaire shall not sub-contract or grant sub-concession or assign any of its rights, duties and obligations under the Concession Agreement, in whole or in part, except with the prior written permission to UPMRC.
- However, such sub-contract or sub-concession shall be co-terminus with the Concession Term.
- Tenders for this contract will be considered only from those tenderers (proprietorship firms, partnerships firms, companies, corporations, who meet requisite eligibility criteria prescribed in the Clause 9 below. Joint Ventures/Consortiums are not allowed to participate in the bidding process.
- A tenderer shall submit only one bid in the same tendering process.
- Tenderers shall not have a conflict of interest. All Tenderers found to have a conflict of interest shall be disqualified. Tenderers shall be considered to have a conflict of interest with one or more parties in this bidding process, if:
- A tenderer has been engaged by the Employer to provide consulting services for the preparation related to procurement for on implementation of the project;
- A tenderer is any associates/affiliates (inclusive of parent firms) mentioned in subparagraph (a) above; or
- A tenderer lends, or temporarily seconds its personnel to firms or organisations which are engaged in consulting services for the preparation related to the procurement for or implementation of the project, if the personnel would be involved in any capacity on the same project.
- The tenderer/applicant must not have been blacklisted or debarred as on the due date of submission of bid by Government of India/ State Government/ Government undertaking from participating in the tenders. The tenderer shall submit a “Verification Statement” to this effect as per proforma placed at Annexure-2.
- Suitable financial/technical strength as per Clause 9 of NIT and an aptitude is essential to fall in line and match with the aesthetics and standards for conduct of business demonstrated by UPMRC on its Metro stations.
- One can bid for any single/ multiple/all spaces together offered under this tender under three categories (A1, A2 & A3).
- The Commercial spaces offered in this tender are considered ideal for categories as mentioned in Annexure-9A of document except banned items/ negative list given inAnnexure-9B of bid document.
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: UPMRC -Tender | Image Credit (representational): UPMRC